Any one fancy having a go at repairing a 64 meg dump of this Jasper for me? xbox 360

Re: Any one fancy having a go at repairing a 64 meg dump of this Jasper for me? xbox

So what you guys think then?

Game over for this box? I'm thinking that it could have a bad nand after all this box was brought back to life with the heat gun treatment. (Thinking that's why the nands bad!)

Re: Any one fancy having a go at repairing a 64 meg dump of this Jasper for me? xbox

Of course it has a nand with "Bad Blocks" you can only remap them as oggy has done for you. These bad block will always be there.....they ARE a physical part of your nand. As for your latest errors......sorry cant help. You could always write your image to your 360 and see what happens....worst thing is you get flashing red lights ect (a bit like RROD) but since you have your orig nand all saved nicely then you can always restore back to stock if need be.

I dont think I built that image properly.

Really not having the best xmas, fell off of my bike and smashed my front teeth out :(

When I'm back on my feet, I'll redo it.

Of course it has a nand with "Bad Blocks" you can only remap them as oggy has done for you. These bad block will always be there.....they ARE a physical part of your nand. As for your latest errors......sorry cant help. You could always write your image to your 360 and see what happens....worst thing is you get flashing red lights ect (a bit like RROD) but since you have your orig nand all saved nicely then you can always restore back to stock if need be.

Yeah all done and tried mate and your correct, one flashing green light on the cool runner and then flashing red lights, like E74 - console won't boot etc...

Had a look at the two nands and been reading a lot more (even fell out with another site over it, but won't go into that, they are asses! They assumed that I tried to repair the nand with a heat gun, Yip you heard me correct!!!! long story but moral of that story is never jump to conclusions or assume! it only makes an ass out of you and me! any way....)

I'm getting there, it's just understanding that the two bad blocks are there and they will always be there, been having a play and that at seeing how the process works when creating the ecc it's just the bit after that, it confuses me.

I know as I say I have a bad block at 0008x1FF and also 0171x1FE but I haven't got to worry about the 2nd one as that's out side of the 1st 50 blocks. So been concentrating on fixing the 0008 one. Just going to take a bit to get my head around.

If the command for writing the original nand that I read back from the machine is

nandpro usb: -w64 original.bin

(the working nand that is, the one that worked then i'm screwed as I get the same 2 bad blocks - That's what got me into thinking that the heat gun remedy all them moons ago has actually foobarred the nand it's self, like physically!, inside the nand it's self...)

How ever there's maybe hope on fixing it, read quite a lot on the nand so far but it's been a steep learning curve, but not that steep that I tried to fix a chip with a heat gun!...Don't get me started... ;)

I dont think I built that image properly.

Really not having the best xmas, fell off of my bike and smashed my front teeth out :(

When I'm back on my feet, I'll redo it.

Jesus man, are you all right? your the 2nd person that I know of that is having a mare with the "fronts" me mates dentist just screwed him over with not being able to finish removing his wisdom!

Here's a bit more on the nand if it helps at all.

Oggy get well soon man, wtf happened? Drunk on your bike was you?

BAD BLOCK EXPLANATION

Me, drunk? Nah.....

haha

Dentist wont see me until 8th feb, the day my GF comes to visit me, so I wont even have it sorted when I see her.

Dam man! missing fronts isn't going to be pretty! but I was told by one girl that she liked it (when I had a missing front tooth!) well weird, any way, I think she's the one, that I remember that had a hairy, just above the coxes..! EEEK, lololol.....tell me about it!

Ha,! Hope you get fixed up soon man, listen, I won't keep you, would that be the same command for writing the original nand? just would like to know if I'm screwed are not.

Cheers man!

Yes, that is the command for writing back your 64mb dump

I was going to post that chart up for you lol. I know the guys on other forums can be a bit.....oh well just lest say impatient lol. I had all the issues you are having when I 1st started. Trust me you have not damaged your nand with no heat gun. Most nands have bad blocks......your just unlucky to have the bad ones in the 1st 50 block...which as you know contain all the "magic". I understand about remapping the Bad Blocks ....the only reason I am not trying to help as much as oggy is 1. I only did my own BB Jasper. 2. At no point in my jtag process did I encounter the term "unmap"....and 3. I dont know how much the whole process differs from a straight forward JTAG.
Sorry I cant be of more help as I can see its annoying the hell out of you lol. Rest assured I will be the same pretty sonn when I am sorting out my brother and sisters consoles ...all for love and most probably a shed load of grief.
Wait until Oggy is "fit" and im sure he will sort you out.

@ Oggy am I correct in saying that no matter what Dibbs is writing to his 360 he will always get a warning about writing errors at them Bad Blocks. Just to reassure him and to satisfy my old memory bank.....Im pretty sure that because those bad blocks are physically there they will always throw up a writing error in nandpro.

I was going to post that chart up for you lol. I know the guys on other forums can be a bit.....oh well just lest say impatient lol. I had all the issues you are having when I 1st started. Trust me you have not damaged your nand with no heat gun. Most nands have bad blocks......your just unlucky to have the bad ones in the 1st 50 block...which as you know contain all the "magic". I understand about remapping the Bad Blocks ....the only reason I am not trying to help as much as oggy is 1. I only did my own BB Jasper. 2. At no point in my jtag process did I encounter the term "unmap"....and 3. I dont know how much the whole process differs from a straight forward JTAG.
Sorry I cant be of more help as I can see its annoying the hell out of you lol. Rest assured I will be the same pretty sonn when I am sorting out my brother and sisters consoles ...all for love and most probably a shed load of grief.
Wait until Oggy is "fit" and im sure he will sort you out.

Impatient to say the least....got a 4 page essay as some one thought that after I realised that the nand was bad that I'd tried to repair it, yes, with a heat gun, totally blew me away as to speak! lololol...I mean come on, I know we all have a learning curve but that's like trying to fix a toaster by running it under water? I was a little gob smacked that some one would even think that, but hey lets move on from the "pros" as they like to put it.....

@ Oggy am I correct in saying that no matter what Dibbs is writing to his 360 he will always get a warning about writing errors at them Bad Blocks. Just to reassure him and to satisfy my old memory bank.....Im pretty sure that because those bad blocks are physically there they will always throw up a writing error in nandpro.

Hope so mate!

Yes, that is the command for writing back your 64mb dump

Might be screwed then as after I write the nand back I get the same 2 bad blocks, console won't boot etc..

Any way, thanks both to you and Oggy there may be hope.

For now I'm off to fill the car with water and drink some petrol.!

@ Oggy.

What ya think then Oggy with this console then, Time to move on or is there any hope?

Thanks mate.

What happens when you write stock / remove chip (switching it to prog should be fine to disable)

Morning, Bad head? How's the teeth mate? Hope your on the mend.

If I try and write stock, it's just fails on the same block (there's two that it fails on) So writing the CFW or the OFW they both get the same block which is bad mate.

Cheers

I haven't tried removing the coolrunner though?

Errors are normal, theyre corrupt blocks, thats why its remapped. Not sure if anyone confirmed this before, still a bit concussed.

Teeth are sore, cant see a dentist until tuesday but I'm getting better, nose is broken but swelling in my lips has gone down.

Aside from that, being ripped twice for the total sum of £505. I think its been a good holiday break.

ripped your joking me? It's a dog eat dog world out there and it's terrible! was this an on-line purchase or face to face?

What comes around goes around mate and hope what ever it is you get sorted then.

Ok, Nand, what would you advise then with this machine? If I write the nand (CFW) It just won't boot, and if I try and write the orginal 64 meg nand back then it just writes the same 2 bad blocks, I'm at a loss what to do with it now, so wait your advice.

Cheers man (sorry to hear your still in pain, but can only imagine what your going through!)

£415 online and £90 by someone in work.

I'm too trusting, my new 2012 resolution is to be a ruthless ****.

nandpro usb: -w16 stock.bin

Switch CR to PRG and lmk what it does

not on op post but
feck me oggy your having a time atm m80 hope you get sorted soon

Hope it was via paypal or some thing like that mate so you can get your cash back, Sorry to hear that man, so many scum about willing to rip people off! as for your new year resolution, yeah I'm with you on that one, I'm just going to say "no" this year a lot more!

Here's what happens when I try and write the orginal nand back, cool runner set to "program" and "phat"

Thanks matey.

nandjan2012.jpg

That's fine that block will have been remapped by the console itself.

What happens when you try to boot?

Thanks,

OK, If I try and boot console with the switch in normal then I get the cool runner green flashing LED once every say 5 seconds and then I get RROD.

If I try the switch set to "slim" then I get the same thing. (just thought I'd try it set to slim as why the hell not and read that a few of the Jaspers can boot like this, if this is true or not I have no idea)

Back