Any one fancy having a go at repairing a 64 meg dump of this Jasper for me? xbox 360

Re: Any one fancy having a go at repairing a 64 meg dump of this Jasper for me? xbox

Try it with the CR set to program.

Re: Any one fancy having a go at repairing a 64 meg dump of this Jasper for me? xbox

Cheers, Same thing, (cool runner off, no flashing green light) switched to program, just get black screen and then RROD.

I'm just removing the wires from the nand-x and also tried removing the wires from the QSB and tried it like that as well, but can't see that it would make much difference as removing the nand-x is just like removing the wires from the QSB's ?

I is lost with it now like and wait further destructions!

Cheers man

That`s a low down trick for someone to pull oggy. I suppose we live and learn.
£415 online and £90 by someone in work.

I'm too trusting, my new 2012 resolution is to be a ruthless ****.

nandpro usb: -w16 stock.bin

Switch CR to PRG and lmk what it does

As Oggy has pointed out the write errors are normal. These are Bad Blocks and will always be there (I did post this earlier in the thread).
Anyway if you have a "perfect" orig.bin (or whatever you called it) then there is no way that your console will not revert back to "stock" when you write the image using the command Oggy gave. Now reasons that your console wont boot after a successful "restore" of the orig.bin could include a "bad backup" of your orig. Or bad soldering of coolrunner/nand x. All these options need exploring 1 at a time. I do hope for your sake that your original backup of your nand is not in any way corrupted. How many times did you actually read + compare your nand to begin with ? Did you do the nand compare ect to make sure the reads were "perfect". I so hope you followed these basic 1st steps mate.

What error on RRoD out of interest?

Diddy is also correct, you need to pinpoint the issue (this is how I repair others RGH mistakes)

Put it to stock, completely. Check to see if it boots.

If not, identify the issue / remedy

Then proceed slowly, of course, I'm using fixing traces or pads. I have to do rework to get to stock, you just need to write te nand / remwove the CR

---

I assumed Prog would disable the CPLD - Out of curiosity, was it resetting when trying to boot?

yeah thanks Diddy, I had read them mate.

As far as I know, the n00b that I am with this then I done everything text book.

I was reading the original nand back that was 512 meg and that was taking like 90 minutes for two reads, then seen the commands to read the 1st 64 meg as that's all that's needed.

No matter how I tried to read the nand either with the QSB's or wires direct I got the same bad block in the image. (see screen shot attached)

I have double and trebled checked all the soldering for bad connections and crossed wires etc. (using my trusty multi meter)

nanderror1.jpg

What error on RRoD out of interest?

Diddy is also correct, you need to pinpoint the issue (this is how I repair others RGH mistakes)

Put it to stock, completely. Check to see if it boots.

If not, identify the issue / remedy

Then proceed slowly, of course, I'm using fixing traces or pads. I have to do rework to get to stock, you just need to write te nand / remwove the CR

---

I assumed Prog would disable the CPLD - Out of curiosity, was it resetting when trying to boot?

Urm, OK guys, I'll have a go at maybe removing the cool runner from it, the flash that I have wrote back there is the original un-touched nand.

I'll go over it all again with the multi meter and check the points etc.

Thanks for the heads up.

Oggy, If it comes to it and you can fit it in, you want to have a look at it for me, Of course I'll cover all costs, I'm just at a loss with the dam thing now.

(not to mention that this thread is getting old now and boring, It should have been an easy "do the doo" as to speak!) never assume they say though!

Actually the 2nd error code is 0022 - This was a RROD repair, (how ever as I say it was all working, before I tinkered with it! I might just bin the mo-fo...what ya all think?)

0022 GPU Error / GPU Overheating

002* errors are CPU related (the error is probably gpu->cpu)

If cpu_pll_bypass is ****ed I believe this is what happens (like I experienced here)

Of course, he had killed cpu_pll_bypass AND the resistor, oh AND stby_clk - Still got that console downstairs hehe

Remove it all mate, we'll start from scrath and you can get glitched as soon as possible.

The only way to learn is to play a smarter opponent, it just happes that you could eliminate this opponent with a great big hammer ;)

Hammer, it's getting close! I'm thinking of just cutting my loses and starting with a new one, but I guess there's only one way to find out and that's carry on with this bey'atch!

Thanks for the help, I'll report back when I have everything removed! dang it, hot clued the wires down as well, I suppose I can remove them and just tape the ends up as removing the glue is probably going to be worse!

Thanks again, I'll report back with findings after I've removed the Cool Runner.

If it RROD when I do, what would you suggest, bin the mo fo? (I'm thinking this will be your reply!)

Morning, right, every think removed console won't boot, where is the hammer did you say? Thanks for all your input Oggy and others, thanks for taking the time for this console but I guess it's time to call it a day with it. Hammer time and egay it is then, I'll try and pick up another one that hasn't had a RROD repair done to it so it'll give me a better head start.

Thanks again for all your time.

Dibbs.

May it rest in peace :)

For those that are attending today......

nandheaven.jpg

Back