any news on the 8 teams that are developing new images ?

from what Ive read the source thats been available has been very restricted :(
but Ive just heard and hopefully backed up soon by others that the FULL SOURCE CODE + a few extras will be available soon :)
if this is true then I can see this box exploding with new features by teams
Ive heard of no date yet but heard its soon

fingers crossed :Clap:

now that the boxes are working better is there any news on the teams that are developing new images for the box - is it even still happening or are the UR team the only team going to be working on the tm800hd ??

Ive just got off the phone, and the source code is going to be fully opened up to developers, the only piece that wont be open, just like the available dreambox source code, will be the main processor driver package, this is to try and prohibit clones.

This will allow full control over the source code, and open a lot more possibilities for teams and developers. Unlike dreambox source though, teams will be given details of a direct point of contact for ANY issues, IE driver updates being required in the NXP package.

with dreambox code, if you discovered that something youre working on needs a processor core updating, first youd have to get onto openPLi, who would have to get onto DMM who would contact broadcom, who would sort the issue, and send it to DMM who would then send it to PLi, and back to you

This is a good step for the TM800, and should see things now start to take off

about time.
lost interest trying to work with gloves on and a blindfold.

best news
getting more interesting
this box will be winner :banana::banana::banana:

best news
getting more interesting
this box will be winner :banana::banana::banana:

It seems that it will be fight between NXP and Broadcom chipset and i put my money on Broadcom .Latest Clark 9000 hd is another exempel like Vuo+ recievers.So dont expect miracles

It seems that it will be fight between NXP and Broadcom chipset and i put my money on Broadcom .Latest Clark 9000 hd is another exempel like Vuo+ recievers.So dont expect miracles

funny enough, i spoke to someone about this exact thing earlier today, and the ctech9000 is actually made by the same people who make the Vu+ Duo, and runs all the same software. some places are taking pre orders, and the price is ~£420

but, as has been discussed, broadcom has already done all of the work

if technomate was to turn round and release a version like the ctech9000 complete with broadcom chip, and running the Vu+ Duo images as well, would everyone then turn round and say 'yay, well done technomate, you followed everyone else'?

would they shit, theyd all be screaming 'LOOK!!!! technomate has cloned the Vu+ Duo, they cant do their own thing so have to clone something else' especially those who have done the same thing in the past, theyd be screaming the loudest (its NOT a DM500 clone, it has its OWN image)

at this stage, with a lot of people, technomate are damned if they do, and damned if they dont, but as someone else has pointed out, they should be given some credit for having the balls to try something new

once teams get to grips with the NXP package, that some said would be dead in the water long ago now, then will be the time to compare it with the older and more established broadcom package

funny enough, i spoke to someone about this exact thing earlier today, and the ctech9000 is actually made by the same people who make the Vu+ Duo, and runs all the same software. some places are taking pre orders, and the price is ~£420

but, as has been discussed, broadcom has already done all of the work

if technomate was to turn round and release a version like the ctech9000 complete with broadcom chip, and running the Vu+ Duo images as well, would everyone then turn round and say 'yay, well done technomate, you followed everyone else'?

would they shit, theyd all be screaming 'LOOK!!!! technomate has cloned the Vu+ Duo, they cant do their own thing so have to clone something else' especially those who have done the same thing in the past, theyd be screaming the loudest (its NOT a DM500 clone, it has its OWN image)

at this stage, with a lot of people, technomate are damned if they do, and damned if they dont, but as someone else has pointed out, they should be given some credit for having the balls to try something new

once teams get to grips with the NXP package, that some said would be dead in the water long ago now, then will be the time to compare it with the older and more established broadcom package

In thís case ,DGS has more balls than TM,cause to chose NXP chip that has mips is much easier then SH4 that dgs and some other have choosen

I would agree with you if they did not choose E2 and NXP

regards

belmando
Pleasure of keep searching for new adventure and work hard to get it is to be prised
not to copy - duplicate - clone it in different form-look-shape is too easy tm did not chose to do that
anybody can go to the same company and order in different name.I am sure you can do it.
as a Linux hobbyist playing with VU+or DM is boring too easy nothing left to be done
been there done it,:Clap:

As far as the source code is concerned,
I'm surprised TM haven't been sued for not providing all of the advertised features as they only just open sourced it recently.

I dont know if this is possible or what, as i'm not too clued up on the legalities but i know sony got their arses kicked for closing off the ps3.

Digi as far as getting a linux box to replicate the sly epg ,have you had a close look at the duo mate ?.
It's not exactly the same but as close as i think anyone will get .
My mrs can use it without me telling her how to .Its got pig ,full 7 day epg and is very very easy to navigate. It's allmost identical and in fact if sky put it on their boxes i don't think anyone would complain.
The only thing that is not so good is the anytime feature.It works but not as good as sky but thats not a big thing for me anyway

Having said all that ,I'm sure the Tm800 is going to be a cracking box one day

Back