any news on the 8 teams that are developing new images ?

squig007

DW Member +
Reaction score
now that the boxes are working better is there any news on the teams that are developing new images for the box - is it even still happening or are the UR team the only team going to be working on the tm800hd ??

i would love the VIX team to do one as what they are doing with the VU+ Duo and Solo looks and works brilliant as my brother has one

yeah santa is bringing me a vu+duo for christmas - i cant wait to get it

the people behind the Vu+ Vix images have been approached

tbh why would they want to support another box ?
as much as Id like to see a Vix image I cant see it happening :(

tbh why would they want to support another box ?
as much as Id like to see a Vix image I cant see it happening :(

Why not?

If TM get their hands in their pockets they might.

Why not?

It's been over 6 months! Do you not think if TM would've considered doing that it'd been done by now

Before you get too caried away about groups such as VIX releasing for the TM800 you need to remember that the VU+ Duo & Solo have got a very stable base to be built upon.

I think teams may wait for a little more stability from the receiver.

That being said if Andy does get involved I am sure he would move things in the right direction.

i think (and this is just my opinion ) that is why Tm jtagged the box - so groups like the vix team etc can work on it - i think they looked at it alreayd and told Tm that this update was vital to improve image writing

There are 8 teams and general access for anyone that wants it not just teams, so if users want to they can have a play themselves.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/250263/ I have made it a sticky.

I have looked at the available source code to to be honest I think the files that can be modified are limited so have lost interest in the box.

I am 100% sure that tm will sort it out but I wanted an open sourced box and this box is limited open source box and as such when things pick up I will be looking for a different box.

Last edited by a moderator:
so are you saying the files they have released is not the full source code ellie ?

teams that make images for dreamboxes and such, have a 'package' for the processor, much like the tm800 has, but, the dreambox package has been about much longer. how many people had a 7025 when they first came out, riddled with issues, just like the dm800 was

ANYONE can make an image for the dm800 via open PLi, and via ellies post above, ANYONE can make an image for the TM800. Teams have been approached, but unlike DMM based source, the TM source still needs working on and refining.

It'll get there eventually, just like the dm800 did, but untill then, EVERYONE is free to have a go

so are you saying the files they have released is not the full source code ellie ?

the source has a pre compiled package, just like dmm source does, only it seems the tm source has more in this package that developers cant play with

while its possible to completley customise the image with graphics and addons, youre unable to delve deeply when things dont work, like the media center, you then have to rely on TM/UR to sort this out before going any further

No it has not. The source has not been released that long so calm down lol.

lol, i was talking about TM putting their hands in their pockets and paying for a decent team when it was clear the shite had hit the fan; not released code to public for other teams to play with. It was the source of many a conversation on here about 5 months ago, and 4 months ago and......... well, i think it's clear

lol, i was talking about TM putting their hands in their pockets and paying for a decent team when it was clear the shite had hit the fan; not released code to public for other teams to play with. It was the source of many a conversation on here about 5 months ago, and 4 months ago and......... well, i think it's clear

its quite possible that its not just about paying a team money and abracadabra an image is born

forget about the TM source code for now, and think of the DMM code, and what i mentioned earlier about pre compiled packages

all of the DMM receivers, their clones, and receivers that basicly use the same hardware but are marketed as 'other' enigma linux based receivers, all use these same pre configured packages

you download this package, and a little bit of extra code, add in some of your own fancy graphics, addons, a few scripts, and voila, you have an image. mess about enough with different teams images, extract the best bits, redesign the layout of them, get a few coders to add some other fancy bits, get a graphics designer, and youll have an image for EVERY model of receiver out there, all based on one simple pre compiled package

a good example of this is the german HDF team

the pre compiled package used on DMM and 'other' receivers (if im right in what ive read) was originally ported from the old Dbox scene, and translated from german as well, which is why theres also so much 'mess' in source code packages, thats left over from old defunct code, and work-arounds put in place instead of actual fixes

but

teams that work with this, know their way round the limitations of the precompiled stuff, and what goes where to work with it

the TM source is a totally new beast, its drivers are different, the pre compiled package is different, the way it works with a lot of things is different, so for ANY team to create an image for it, they need to actually learn what goes with what, and where, and if it doesnt work, work out why, which is a lot of hard work, when for all the other receivers, 95% of the work is already done

Im pretty sure ur is in house and not a team. Therefore i believe that tm have been trying to get it right before releasing the source to the public in the first place.

They failed and finaly released the code, im with squig and reckon it's at this point the cpu issue was found. TM have acted on that and i hope now we start to see some teams on board. It might not happen but who knows.

I don't think it's anything to do with money either.

Using pli code you can do any dreambox and the vu+ box. The base for pli is from the tuxbox boys who do the dbox2, most dreams and they are currently working on the coolstream box so as digi says 98% of the work is already done (it was 95% with the cable but with sat we don't need to modify for the uk market).

The tm800 is a brave step forward by tm and given the time they will iron out the problems.
I would think then they will release more boxes with different features/additions once they have things sorted and then imo they will take a large % of the market.

I'm happy with my box but I like something to tinker with and this box doesn't give me the access I want :(

Back