any news on apple tv 3 jailbreak

pspmixer

Inactive User
Reaction score
i bought a apple tv 3 thinking it would be fine to jailbreak as its been out for a while now
but how wrong i was you cant jailbreak the tv3 boxs
so guttered
anyone know when it will be able to or ruffy when it will be released

just heard from someone that a jailbreak for apple tv3 will be out at end of the month
any truth behind this ?

everything is building up for December with the jailbreaks but there romours so far mate think there gonna do it all in 1 hit , iphone 5, apple tv 3, ipad4 and mini

everything is building up for December with the jailbreaks but there romours so far mate think there gonna do it all in 1 hit , iphone 5, apple tv 3, ipad4 and mini
so no one know for sure a date or wether it will happen start of december

By the looks of things still no J/B for ATV3 on Sunday when the new ios 6.1 J/B is released, possibly wont happen now ????

These devices are not supported:

iPhone 2G
iPhone 3G
iPod Touch 1G
iPod touch 2G
iPod touch 3G
iPad 1
Apple TV 3
Anything outside of these devices can be jailbroken with the upcoming jailbreak

taken from another site.

I gave up on holding my breath for the apple tv3 to get jailbroken, but from what Ive read, an untethered release is imminent.

Seems that after xmas developers working at ATV3 Chip Group issued a tethered beta jailbreak to 500 users for testing and since ironing out the issues they have now developed an untethered jailbreak. Currently the graphic user interface is being worked on, and once thats complete it should be available for public release... time-frame? the usual "today, tomorrow.... its ready when its ready!!"

That being said there are mentions of a release on 1st Feb!

Sources: Apple TV 3 Jailbreak Untethered Software Version Release Date Announced
Apple TV 3 Jailbreak Release Date Was Announced!

ATV3 Chip Group website: Apple TV 3 Jailbreak

Last edited:
ATV3 group i its scam m8 they have a few adverts on there site 1 is for very cheep atv3 $80 every time it gets clicked on they get paid best not even visiting there site

Shame, got my hopes up! Not too sure how independent those sources are, but as they were saying its free I thought there may be some legitimacy behind it...

Guess we will just have to sweat it out

not half as much as i did m8 got 5 atv3s that are as much use as door stoppers until it comes out lol

if its mostly for films m8, got that sorted full 1080p with an android set top dox for £35 using XBMC, plug in a keyboard and mouse and its some pice of kit .every film ever made all the new ones in the cinema.

Last edited by a moderator:
if its mostly for films m8, got that sorted full 1080p with an android set top dox for £35 using XBMC, plug in a keyboard and mouse and its some pice of kit .every film ever made all the new ones in the cinema.

Care to share which £35 set top box you have?

ben i wanting this andy box too, which one is it mate, regards TL.

[h=3]Sorry for the late reply guys, , I got mine from china, I added a link to the site it must have got removed ,the box hasn’t got a specific name, its Android 4.0 Smart TV Box ARM Cortex A9 WiFi HD 1080P XBMC preloaded, am I not allowed to add links to other sites? Can i PM yous the details ? if that’s ok ill make up a step by step guide and attach the 3 files you will need,[/h][h=3]First is a hardware accelerator to allow smooth video even in 1080p, second is xbmc for android, third is xbmc hub wizard this will put on every add-on you’ll need, no configuration required,[/h][h=3][/h][h=3]Don’t see why I can’t just add the links and files here no financial gain in it for me just trying to share the little knowledge I have lol[/h]

Seems to have gone really quiet with regards to a jailbreak for ATV3.

Anyone heard/read anything promising with regards to this??????

Seems to have gone really quiet with regards to a jailbreak for ATV3.

Anyone heard/read anything promising with regards to this??????

Took them no time to do the iPhone 5 , I got a few atv3s still nothing,think that now the iPhone 5 is done someone mite spend time on it , I believe it will be a bit less secure after the latest update wich gives them more fronts to hack in to .

[h=3]Sorry for the late reply guys, , I got mine from china, I added a link to the site it must have got removed ,the box hasn’t got a specific name, its Android 4.0 Smart TV Box ARM Cortex A9 WiFi HD 1080P XBMC preloaded, am I not allowed to add links to other sites? Can i PM yous the details ? if that’s ok ill make up a step by step guide and attach the 3 files you will need,[/h][h=3]First is a hardware accelerator to allow smooth video even in 1080p, second is xbmc for android, third is xbmc hub wizard this will put on every add-on you’ll need, no configuration required,[/h][h=3][/h][h=3]Don’t see why I can’t just add the links and files here no financial gain in it for me just trying to share the little knowledge I have lol[/h]

Hi mate got one of these boxs and was wondering if you could pm me with details on how to get the 3 files needed thanks.

ok i have a ATV2 ,, and so pleased ,, However i think the ATV3 will be a long time, to become fully functional!! unless one has a expensive ipod/ipad..
There are some interesting videos on " you tube "

Back