but

i have a PS2
the disc dont go round
i have checked the ribbon is connected
i have tried a diff motor and ribbon
off an older model
sameso was wondering if it was a fuse? mainboard problem
any idea or is this a parts machine

not with original no but if i put the spare in yesi know it is the lazer clicking on the spare

i was doin a bit of reading on afterdawn and it can be a few things, ill get the link and post it in a sec.

seen this a few times if v3 to v8 check the ba5815fm chip there's a fuse aswell right by it ..test it if blown change it then test the ps2 if no spin then its the ba chip .....if v9 to v11 check the la6508 chip well known to blow even without a mod init .....it could be the laser if blown that stops it from spinning aswell..

jay 210 said:
seen this a few times if v3 to v8 check the ba5815fm chip there's a fuse aswell right by it ..test it if blown change it then test the ps2 if no spin then its the ba chip .....if v9 to v11 check the la6508 chip well known to blow even without a mod init .....it could be the laser if blown that stops it from spinning aswell..
it is a sch50003
where about r these chips or fuse??
any chance of a pic ??

sorry to be thick but can u point out the fuse??
is that diagram for fitting a chip??

davidh said:
sorry to be thick but can u point out the fuse??
is that diagram for fitting a chip??

yeah the diagram is for fitting a la fix...... the only one 1 had to show were the la is..it will only work if the la6508 is part working check the fuse first ....the only other way is to take off the la and replace it

Back