Any Geniuses Out There? Help Needed!!!!!

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have got a killer assignment to be done by next wheek. Cannot find any info anywhere and the lecturer is a B*****d, wont give us any help says its your own research. the topic is on mobile comms

these are the questions

(C) WCDMA DEFINES THREE DIFFERENT TYPES OF HANDOVER AND TWO DIFFERENT HANDOVER PROCEDURES. BRIEFLY DESCRIBE EACH OF THESE ELEMENTS.

Found the handovers supposed to soft, softer and hard from wikipedia. cannot find anything on two procedures.

(D) WHAT ARE THE METHODS USED BY THE RADIO RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (RRM) IN W-CDMA TO CONTROL QOS.

No idea

DESCRIBE THE FLOW OF EVENTS THAT OCCUR BETWEEN AN INCOMING CALL BEING PRESENTED TO A GSM MOBILE TELEPHONE NETWORK GATEWAY MSC AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE CONNECTION WITH THE INTENDED CUSTOMER’S MOBILE HANDSET. IDENTIFY THE NETWORK COMPONENTS INVOLVED AND DESCRIBE THE MESSAGE FLOW SEQUENCE BETWEEN THEM.

No idea

any links to any ebooks or any sources of information will be helpful

thanks

i usually find google scholar a good source for info if needed for academic type of knowledge...but i am not sure if topics like those are covered...give it a try its very useful

Just saw this post, it's probably abit late for your assignment but might come in use at a later date.

Check these links out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSM_services
GSM Presentation
Search for GSM Architecture in google, mix it up with searches such as "gsm msc architecture incoming call", "gsm msc architecture"

There are a few Ebooks on mininova, search for CDMA, UMTS, Telecommunications, these books might come in use in the future.

Back