any helpers out there.

stueym

Inactive User
Reaction score
hiya, just tryng to set my technomate tm twin oe up. i have done it before but need some refreshing of the old grey matter. without me being present the box has had an image update, and probably settings changed, in which my original settings have being lost. my previous image can not be restored as not compatible.

i want to install a line. i now have a vix- apollo 022 image, with ccam 2.0.11 installed. do i need to update any of these ?. i have tried vix update but only get a message saying "feeds down at present for maintenance". my network is set up and i have a connected confirmation for the box. system search has found 981 channels of which i can view all the freeview channels. my bouquets are formed, in a fashion, but only in a long list and cant get the format i had, just the long list. i have just downloaded fileziller ftp but need to set it up as the one i used to looked a little different.

this is the thread that helped me when i originally set the box up if its any help. ( from post 28)

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/tec...14063-idiots-guide.html?highlight=install+ftp

i can see this taking me a long time to sort out so any help on what i need or dont need to do would to greatly appreciated as it is sometimes hard for a novice to decide what is or isn't suitable to use.

is my image ok? is my ccam ok?. any idea why my feeds are constantly down ?. what is the best type of line to install, reliability ete. is it worth doing a factory reset and just starting completely from scratch ? i intend to use rats epg, when i get up and running.

thanks in advance for anybodys help.

your image should be ok but the feeds may be down due to either apollo is old hat or helios is new (cannot remember) but to insert a line use filezilla to ftp into the box and your looking for cccam.cfg thats in the /ect folder. Personally I used the 4d image from the end of aug as it seem stable and has all the cams ect you would need.

hi mate, dont know why but my problem with the feeds down started a while ago. i didn't realise sky were making changes, HD, and thought it was down to my box. this is when it was updated and changed to apollo. i have seen references to helios on this site so think it must be a newer image, hence me asking if mine is ok. i also had a streaming plug in downloaded which i have read can cause some kind of conflicts. (cant remember the name off hand but i read a post about it on here somewhere.)
the vix image is the only one i have used as it seemed to work ok and until recently i never had the time to do the research before changing anything. my circumstances have now changed and i would like to explore this more in future but would like to get up and running for now.
do i need to update my ccam?

starting to make some headway now.just to explain my asking about ccam, i did used to have some freezing of my picture. i dont know the difference from nlines, c lines, newcamd and mgcamd and its proving differcult to find and real info on them. like to end up better than i was if possible.

in other words what emu gives the best results.

Last edited by a moderator:
vix apollo will be fine with cccam 2.0.11 the freezing will prob be down to your internet speed or your provider being overloaded. The steaming program would be something like tsmedia or onechannel. Any guides on dreambox enigma2 will show you how to become more familiar with your box. I find vix images cause audio lag so I choose other images such as openatv or 4d.

vix apollo will be fine with cccam 2.0.11 the freezing will prob be down to your internet speed or your provider being overloaded. The steaming program would be something like tsmedia or onechannel. Any guides on dreambox enigma2 will show you how to become more familiar with your box. I find vix images cause audio lag so I choose other images such as openatv or 4d.

thanks for the reply. yes you are right, my connection is slow and it was ts media that i downloaded.

that will be of great help if i can refer to dreambox enigma 2 info as i am looking for info directly relating to technomate.

i have being on the vix website and they are indicating their feeds are running normally. somehow i am still getting the message " feeds are down at present for maintenance". any idea why this is happening?. have looked at my settings and everything seems ok.

i am having some problems connecting to my box. do i need fileziller client or server to do this.

the problem with the feeds down for maintenance issue i think is down to my apollo version is now outdated.
intend to update it once i can ftp to the box.

I don't use filezilla I use a program called dreambox controle centre and so will most people. You don't need to have access to your box to update the image. The box should be connected to your router via ethernet of wifi ect and you should be able to ftp into you box via your computer. It would not matter what image your using as all should be the same.

No vix image below vix 54 will have feeds or plugins due to sever move..update image to latest vix 73 and bye bye problems.
as of now vix feeds are fine all online so use upto date image.
And you will be much better off using Ccam 2.30 which can be installed from feeds in new image

No vix image below vix 54 will have feeds or plugins due to sever move..update image to latest vix 73 and bye bye problems.
as of now vix feeds are fine all online so use upto date image.
And you will be much better off using Ccam 2.30 which can be installed from feeds in new image

thank god. i have finally got things sorted after umteen problems.

i had already sussed, after going on the vix website, that my image was too old. had to use the usb stick method to update image, 073. finally sorted how to do it, only to find it wouldn't complete from front usb port on receiver. sorted it from rear port, after cr----- myself about interrupting the update.
when i finally got it sussed, message displayed about some missing files, and couldn't read web page. couldn't sort it despite on line update, 077,
think it may have had something to do with restoring settings from i backup i had created earlier. even downloading i file online, image 077, would display a message about 5 bad blocks which i couldn't sort out.

problems with ftp to box, updated to latest versions may have helped. there were some other problems, which were probably down to me, which i managed to sort out.

a little bit of experience gained in which i may be able to help someone in a similar situation.

that dbe helped, thanks, but i need a op manual as i kept having to suss out how to do things. still cant send an image to box and couple of other things.

however is is functioning now. but still need to sort a couple of things.

my update light is flashing. this is to update to image no; 077. don't want to get back where i was, so don't know whether to update or not?. i have made an image backup in case i need to go back?

need a good epg guide, can i wipe off what ive got and put on rats?.

some channels are saying tune failed and I am still experiencing freezing. need a better alternative?.
some other issues but running out of time.
can anybody make any suggestions as my time on i have spent a lot of time on this and want to get it right.

thanks in advance.

Install rats bouquet updater or autobouquetsmaker from Vix feeds set it up with your area etc and scan..when channels change just scan again to update channels..
If your FTP iffy then install ABM from plugins menu set it up run it..
As for image update it is compleatly safe to update via software update option in settings as you have a genuine box..
Freezing is caused by a crap pay server or super slow internet.
Epg is built into Vix image and has nothing to do with channel lists.
Tune failed is most likely old frequency and channels need updating

Last edited:
i really don't believe this. just done a rescan and its only found 218 channels.

going to take dog out before i hit it with a hammer.

This could be down to your tuner set up..
Single tuner is best at SIMPLE,SINGLE,28.2e.
And what do you not believe?..
And it sounds to me that you have not installed any channel lists..this has to be done before any scan so it can find the channels..
As I said go to plugins menu and in extensions install autobouquetsmaker set it up for your area it will only give sd channels..that's why it's best to use Rats bouquets and use dreamboxedit to FTP them to box as they have HD channels still available to us..

Last edited:
cheers mate, yes i reset the tuners and its back to 980 odd. dont understand how it got them all the first time and then next to nowt on a rescan.
anyhow ill try and do this rats bouquets. i have just followed the wizard in setup, cant remember anything about channel lists.

have i bought a pill of a box mate. i picked it as i could watch a second tv off it. yesterday i could see its not one of the more popular boxes. i also read vix has some outstanding issues to sort out for it.
makes sorting things out that much more difficult when you're a novice. not a lot that's mentioned for it.

definitely going to try another server as it seems to be poor at times.
cheers.

Vix image is fine and without doubt the best image for a novice as they have done a lot of the work for you with egg etc..
Every E2 box needs exactly the same set up mate just different specs making differences...
Just keep at it..technomate is a pretty decent box and Vix image is well suited to it.

just set up the rats bouquet and its pretty good. handy to get the now redundant channels out of view.
i was going to install ts media again. mixed results i have had with it in the past. is there anything else better for streaming movies etc? would also like the tv catch up but never got round to sorting it out. and anything else which is popular.
as you can probably tell its trail and error with me as i dont know anybody else who uses these boxes. ive had some crap, have you tried the goggle maps, christ absolute crap !

plan on eraseing all my backups, and creating a new one, now it is running again, then ill try the update. take it ill just restore my settings from my backup?

The box is for watching tv and your better off leaving anything else to the computer..some plugins are okay like the ondemand plugin for catchup with i player and itv player etc..
You say you have had crap but it's no more than any other user would have been through its the only way to learn..
It is trial and error and box set up and image needs to suit you.As you get more experienced you can experiment with other images and plugins etc till you get what you want and you have learnt a load and then start helping others..
When you update image in Vix a settings and plugin backup is automatically done for you..
When your all set up do a full image back up so you can flash it back if you get problems..

There's no problems with it using Vix..ondemand always worked perfect for me.

ey up, here we go again. trying to do this on demand thing. when i go to download plugins i get an error saying no internet conn. when i go to settings its saying internet is ok. indeed iam watching the grand prix, puzzeling.

just being on the vix website. there are some other posts remarking about the same problem. good old vix.

just been back to vix.
Feeds server has apparently been hacked.

at least its not only me that has problems. good job that didnt happen last night. i probably would have hammered the box. lol.

Last edited:
Back