Philips 37 LCD repair help needed. Screen problem. Any experts out there

banger_uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Problem with my TV. When turned on, screen is all distorted. especially on the right hand side. The picture is blurry full off ghosting in streaks and is unwatchable. If left running for approx 15 mins, the screen then kicks in and picture is fine and will run fine until turned off and left for about 30 mins, When switched back on again screen is again a mess until left running for a period of time. Occasionally a short knock of the tv forward will fix the screen instantly and again will run fine until switched off. I have opened it up and checked all connections and all seem fine. Anyone any idea what problem could be ?

I have stripped the TV back to the bones and cannot find a fault ?

Sounds like a dry solder joint finding it may be a different problem. Usually if you google the model number and repair i it's a common fault there will be a guide somewhere.

I have googled model number and repairs. I am struggling to find this fault. I have looked closely at solders and tracks on the boards inside, struggling to find anything, but I am not ruling it out.

This isn't really a fault that should be attempted by a d.i.yer. Its' the type of fault that can cause some serious head scratching by well seasoned tv engineers.
The "dry joint" could well be under a bga responsible for signal processing or even on the FPC on the screen itself if it deploys that method.

I had many years in the trade and got out at the right time. Present day engineers are having a tough time of it and would be happy for the work. Thats' my advice banger_uk, take it to your local tv repair shop.

Back