any ebay uses getting this ?

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have had 2 of these's e-mail's asking for loging details ie e-mail addy and password to confirm the account is still in use i log in on at least 1 time a week if not more and last night brought a item with no problem i have sent a e mail to customer support today but as yet not recived a reply but i know that there are a lot of spoof e-mails going around trying to obtain your personal detail to ebay accounts ??????

Dear eBay User,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by log in and complete the form that will pop up or else your account will be suspended without the right to register again with eBay.

After you will login please verify your information in order to complete this verification.

Thank you

eBay Customer Support

this is a con ... been going on for at least a year (or there abouts)

Never give out any details ... always try to find an e-mail address on their site and ask them ... if you can find an address that is)

or post in their community chat area etc and see what is said

ebay scam

Hi Damage

Yeah I had the same scam pulled on me,and did the same as you referred it customer support.....

makes you wonder how many will get caught with this one as it the ebay graphics used made it seem genuine....

ssilvo

got the reply from ebay and as suspected this was a spoof e-mail its very well done so don't get tricked into sending your personal details as ebay tell me they would never ask for any personal detail's via e-mail . they have removed the spoof website and are trying to find out where the e-mail has been sent from but i guess there is a very slim chance of them getting found ?

yeah lads i got caught out :0( and i never realised it!!! i feel like a right prize prat for not realising :0s . thats how good the e mail looked!!! been 2 weeks now and it still hasnt been sorted with them... e bays customer service is so bad its untrue...

finally after nearly 3 weeks my account is back in my hands and under my control!!!!!:Clap:

you think thats a scam? well listen to this. I sold a phone on Ebay to a user in Northern Ireland.
He wins my Ebay auction and pays me £200 through Paypal. I see the funds in my Paypal account so ship the phone to him.
4 days later after the phone got to him the funds got reversed out of my Paypal account back to the buyer. So i lost the phone and lost my £200.
Then to my shock and horror when contacting PAYPAL they tell me you've been a victim of fraudelent funds so theyre policy is to reverse the transaction. Furthermore they want me to pay a further £200 to paypal because this person has used fraudalent funds. WHAT A FOOKIN JOKE!!!!
I ended up contacting the bloke who bought the phone off me and to my shock n horror he never knew what the Fook i was talking about and even gave me the phone back.
So then i thought something dodgy is going on here.
I rang there office in the USA and got into a huge row. They dont even give out there last names. Guess what happened next?
They froze my account and wanted me to send utility bills and ID to them by post to there head office in the USA.
I turned round to them and send you aint no bank to ask for Sh*t like that. I went absolutly ballistic. Now what ive heard is through this mad web site i found regarding the corrupt activities of PAYPAL is that when they receive this Identification from their gullable customers their employees then pass on this personal Identification to 3rd parties which set up bogus accounts in your name and buy and sell things on EBAY. MAD HUH? I would advise anyone using paypal or EBAY in fact never give them your identification cos some of their dodgy employees sell it on to 3rd parties. In fact dont use PAYPAL FULLSTOP!
If you dont believe me CHECK OUT THIS PAYPAL COMPLAINTS WEBSITE!

Get the word around about this PAYPAL corrupt company. Must have something to do with the BUSH administration lol

http://www.paypalwarning.com/WallOfShame/Default.asp?Page=15

sounds nasty ... will watch out for paypal now

Ive never really liked Paypal try and stay clear of it if I can ..Ive never had any probs with Nochex

sod thats! just use a good old cheque!!! takes longer but is much safer!;)

Had a look at the site.
Some scary stories on there.
Buy a lot of stuff from ebay, no problems at all.
Was thinking of getting a paypal account, not any more.
Thanks for the link.
Best
Bpspider

as regards to paypal how many days do they take to tell if it is a fraudulent transaction because if i have to use it i want to know when it's safe ? if ever !

my confidence has gone

paypal

I have an account with paypal, using both my Visa and Solo card.
This information is frightening. I will be taking my Visa off it.
At least with the Solo you can restrict how much is in your bank account. Not with Visa though they could take you for your full credit limit. No F-inway am I allowing this to happen.
I am glad I have joined this forum. The amount of useful and neccesary information on it is far outreaching my expectations.
Good work lads & gals.
Thank-You Drew for the referral.:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :) :)

Jim:) :) :) :)

This is scary I have two credit cards registered with Paypal, and always thought it was the safest and secure way to buy online.
Not anymore im off to remove my cards.
Cheers for the info :Moon:

It took nearly 3 weeks before paypal informed me that they wanted to take £150 back off me....luckily for me i had recognised that something dodgy was going on and didnt send the mobile phone i had sold for £75 and the kind buyer paid me £75 extra for postage!!!!!.....i read on the ebay help pages this is a common trick to make you send the item quick.......but it was almost 3 weeks before paypal decided it was a stolen credit card....also the buyer always asks you to post it to a different address than the one registered.......

Colin

Thanks for the info. This is another good reason for staying tuned to this forum.I'm also off to remove my card.

After reading this thread i'm 'shitting bricks'.

Just popped over to paypal and withdrew a lot of the dosh. I don't really know what it was doing there anyway. Savin it for xmas? he he

Anyway its gonna be in my uk current account soon!

Yea I got my 'eBay' email???? today. The one at the beginning of this thread. Its asking for everything including my credit card and bank details.

Don't get fooled!!!

Back