any ebay uses getting this ?

I regularly get these scam emails for ebay, paypal, and other banks. I seem to be on a list somewhere, cos my other email account (which actually gets more spam) doesn't get the scams. It has received copious amounts of the nigerian email scam too.

When receiving these kinds of emails, it's always best to assume a scam, and start from there. I made a big order with play.com the other day, and they sent me an email asking me to phone a number, and I phoned it, and they wanted me to confirm my credit card details. Err - bit dodgey I thought, but in fact this time it was genuine. Don't know how you're supposed to tell them apart easily though.

My story is that I use ebay quite a lot, and I use paypal a lot too, and have not yet had a problem. Scary stuff though looking at these sites. If paypal is reelie dodgey, then something as widespread and useful should replace it, cos paypal seems to me to be the common denominator for most trading.

Pisses me off that people add a paypal surcharge in the small print of their auctions though - and then claim you're taking advantage when you forget to add it.

Back