any boxing fans on here?

lol yeah for a champ, Campbell is shockingly average aint he mate?!

Apart from Khan, Katsidis is the only fighter in that division who I check for. My ideal would be Khan takes the WBO belt and then Katsidis gets to go at him (but would Team Khan wanna take that fight? Katsidis fights tend to be hard bloody wars - remember him vs Graham Earle - they might not want the golden boy going in with someone like him).

Lightweight just aint a division with many good fights in it is it?! I wonder if in a few years Khan could beef up a bit more and make a decent junior welter?

Much more money to be made in that weight class... and hes already said he wants to retire young, so hes gotta try and make as much as poss while he can.

Now that would be a real test of the "mans" ability to actually box, but like any "real champ", he will avoid katsidis until he's too old and then wanna call him out. Frank Warren is a joke as are the majority of his crop of so called boxers, its promoters like him and Fat King who are killing boxing.

lol yeah for a champ, Campbell is shockingly average aint he mate?!

Apart from Khan, Katsidis is the only fighter in that division who I check for. My ideal would be Khan takes the WBO belt and then Katsidis gets to go at him (but would Team Khan wanna take that fight? Katsidis fights tend to be hard bloody wars - remember him vs Graham Earle - they might not want the golden boy going in with someone like him).

Lightweight just aint a division with many good fights in it is it?! I wonder if in a few years Khan could beef up a bit more and make a decent junior welter?

Much more money to be made in that weight class... and hes already said he wants to retire young, so hes gotta try and make as much as poss while he can.

juan diaz
won 33 (KO 17) + lost 1 (KO 0) + drawn 0

id love to see khan fight this guy hes 1 tough fighter

Now that would be a real test of the "mans" ability to actually box, but like any "real champ", he will avoid katsidis until he's too old and then wanna call him out. Frank Warren is a joke as are the majority of his crop of so called boxers, its promoters like him and Fat King who are killing boxing.

haha @ Fat King!!!! Watch out he dont murder you bruv - you know big Don is a bad man!!!

Starting to look like King and Warren's best days are behind them anyway. De La Hoya's Golden Boy company seem to have amazingly quickly become the new big boys on the promotions & management scene.

Nearly every big American fight I've seen recently has been a Golden Boy gig.

Wow, I didnt think there would be so many boxing fans on this forum and effin hell you boys certainly now your stuff!
I came on here to find out about how to fix my goddam shitty dbox and it may as well be all in chinese cos I still havnt a clue what the f theyre all on about!

Anyway, gettin back to boxing this weekend,Cotto is a monster,did you see the number he did on Shane Moseley ? If anyone thinks that Gomez is going to win is havin a laff!
Ive also met Gomez when he came over to Metro arena in Newcastle (contender uk vs us)and what an arrogant arsehole he was, I hope Cotto hammers him!

Im going back to Boxrec now seeya!

Just finished watching it, was a slug fest as expected but the irish boxer, rowgan or rowgie something along those lines was an absolute nut case with a crazy chin. Glimpses of what boxing used to be like. Two boxers putting eveything on the line.

really enjoyed watching that the best man won in the end i think

yea luv my boxing always cheering our brit fighters on, cant wait till tonight fight already got the beer chillin:Clap:

Just finished watching it, was a slug fest as expected but the irish boxer, rowgan or rowgie something along those lines was an absolute nut case with a crazy chin. Glimpses of what boxing used to be like. Two boxers putting eveything on the line.

didnt hear a scooby about this prizefighter show in advance - so confused the hell outta me when i came back in from work, expecting to see the usual friday fight night and saw a bunch of geezers who looked like they normally do doorwork knocking 7 bells out of each other!

but from what i saw of it, it looked quite good - with all the blokes really going for it, even though some obviously had better conditioning and boxing ability than others.

if Sky do more of these prizefighter things, i hope they do it for all the weight classes and dont just keep it for heavyweights.

Smaller lads deserve the chance to smack the shite out of each other on live tv and win £25k as well!!

didnt hear a scooby about this prizefighter show in advance - so confused the hell outta me when i came back in from work, expecting to see the usual friday fight night and saw a bunch of geezers who looked like they normally do doorwork knocking 7 bells out of each other!

but from what i saw of it, it looked quite good - with all the blokes really going for it, even though some obviously had better conditioning and boxing ability than others.

if Sky do more of these prizefighter things, i hope they do it for all the weight classes and dont just keep it for heavyweights.

Smaller lads deserve the chance to smack the shite out of each other on live tv and win £25k as well!!

I think it would make for a good reality show, if they actually got decent uk boxers waiting to break into the boxing world, and hosted fights each week. Theres no need for the whole filming in the house, but some in the gym and actual fights would be great.

There are many hungry boxers out there who need recoginition, and I'm sure Frank Baron and Fat King may even spot some talent if they paid attention

gargemel dont wanna spoil it but did u watch the cotto fight?

Lets be honest, Tarver completely outclassed Woods. I watched it through the night and Woods was never in it. It was a great performance by Tarver, completely outclassing Woods with pure boxing ability. No doubt Woods has a good chin on him but boxing skill was mediocre, work rate is what normally gets him through. But again got found out like all other boxers who go over to America and think they can turn it on, in this case against an Average light heavyweight.

Lets be honest, Tarver completely outclassed Woods. I watched it through the night and Woods was never in it. It was a great performance by Tarver, completely outclassing Woods with pure boxing ability. No doubt Woods has a good chin on him but boxing skill was mediocre, work rate is what normally gets him through. But again got found out like all other boxers who go over to America and think they can turn it on, in this case against an Average light heavyweight.

Totally agree Tarver who is over the hill now totally outboxed Woods who never once looked like he could win it think Woodall gave him two rounds too generous in my eyes.

Just watched Cotto and Gomez, again what a joke so mismatched Gomez not even in same league. Would love to see Mayweather and Cotto cant see it though but eh you never know.

cotto v mayweather would be a great fight was very disappointed with the woods lastnight can not really see him fighting calzage now

gargemel dont wanna spoil it but did u watch the cotto fight?

hahaha no mate aint seen it yet, i'll probably catch it online during the week.

but ive already read a few fight reports. sounds like cotto gave my boy gomez a proper school bully beatdown!!! Guess i shouldnt be surprised huh? lol

Anyway roll on next weekend and Calzaghe vs Hopkins. loving the pre-fight hype for it - watched some great interviews earlier today with B.Hop saying "I'm gonna make either the ref stop it or his father have to stop it..."

hahaha no mate aint seen it yet, i'll probably catch it online during the week.

but ive already read a few fight reports. sounds like cotto gave my boy gomez a proper school bully beatdown!!! Guess i shouldnt be surprised huh? lol

Anyway roll on next weekend and Calzaghe vs Hopkins. loving the pre-fight hype for it - watched some great interviews earlier today with B.Hop saying "I'm gonna make either the ref stop it or his father have to stop it..."

Yes bud, Cotto absolutely hammered Gomez nothing short of a legal assault should have been stopped alot earlier, a complete mismatch. World Class against No Class. Its okay having a big heart, but if you step in with someone the likes of Cotto then the mind needs to step in as this couldve ended badly for Gomez. He was fortunate Cotto was a nice guy, as he backed off after the fourth round beating I think it was, as he knew Gomez was in trouble so hats off to him for ensuring he didnt hurt his opponent seriously.

The fight of the night had to be Cintron vs Margarito. Man Margarito is an animal, he was caught with dozens of hard and I mean real hard haymakers and he just carried on as if nothing happened. It was scary to watch, as no matter what Cintron tried it was obvious MArgarito was not going down and took him out.

We may not see Cotto vs Mayweather for a long time as think Mayweather knows Cotto could have his number. But rumour has it next fight in July in Cotto vs Margarito and my mouth is already watering. That would be a world class fight, Again Mr Undefeated vs Mr I cant be knocked out. To never lost a fight via knockout is outstanding, and after seeing the Cintron fight you'll see why.

Believe me make sure you watch it, I've watched it 3 times already and it is a great fight.

defintely mate, will add it to the list of the weekends fights that i've gotta catch up on - along with gomez getting abused! thats one of the downsides to boxing coverage on Sky or ITV - you get a fight repeat the day after and then youre lucky if they show it again.

but as boxing is a much bigger deal on Setanta they repeat their fights for AGES afterwards which I love coz it gives me loads of chances to record the good ones!

anyway, what u reckon for calzaghe hopkins? i'm thinking joe will just throw so many scoring punches that he'll take it on points.

i think joe will win it really easy, hopkins said " ill never let a white boy beat me" if that was calzaghe hed be called a racist and everyone jumping on his back, i hope calzaghe gives hopkins a boxing lesson like he did to lacy

never saw a fighter not want to throw punches , cotto hand it to him could have really punished gomez with cuts but didnt, must have had alot of respect for gomez and knew the ref at anytime was gonna stop the fight

COME ON CALZAGHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i won mystream kit today so will be streaming it if it arrives before the weekend

Back