any boxing fans on here?

Ok, so what's the prediction for Calzaghe vs Hopkins? Knock-out or the full distance?
I reckon it's going to be tight with a points decision to Calzaghe.

ditto mate... calzaghe points.

then im thinking he'll do roy jones on points in a few months time in cardiff, retire unbeaten and call it a day.

would be the perfect way to go out of the game, hate seeing boxers who used to be good going on waaaaaaaay past their best-before date.

i dunno - cant see a calzaghe winning by k.o or stoppage, hopkins got a solid chin and he dont cut and bleed easy so would surprise me if joe does him like that.

a lot of the talk coming out of calzaghes camp has been all about joes high workrate and the amount of punches he throws so i reckon they see it going the distance too.

if ref cortez can do the same sort of busy reffing like he did for hatton mayweather and keep them apart, then that should benefit joe as well.

he just stays outside, boxes and score with more accurate shots... dont get into a macho roughhouse ruck with hopkins coz he'll boss that.

just a few hours to go now... (anyone know if tom jones has got the national anthem singing gig again?!)

Calzaghe to win by POINTS !!

This fight will def go the distance both guys can take a punch as Joe showed when he fought KESSLER last time out ! the guy was dangerous a World Champion and he hit Joe with some solid shots !! but hr took them and his work rate won him that fight .
Hopkins may be old be he`s no MUG !! he can GIVE and TAKE a punch 32 KO`s against good fighters and he`s taken alot of O`s from good boxers !!! AGE maybe his downfall in my opion cos if like i predict it goes the distance , u can bet Calzaghe`s gunna make sure the pace is relentless to c wat the old mans got left in the tank !!!
If it goes the distance as well you`ve got to remember it`s in the US and judges are known to be dodgy to say the least!! so if its close HOPKINS will nick it !!! the YANKS won`t give him the verdict unless it`s so obivious they`d look BENT AS **** ! for not giving him it .
Can`t wait for this one i certainly don`t fink wat happened to HATTON will happen to JOE i think he`s TOO CLEVER & CUTE to be sucked into that HATTON lost his gameplan when ref stopped him working inside and MAYWEATHERS unorvadox defense (elbows high in ur face!!lol) left him clueless ! and he tried to blast MAYWEATHER and got beat by a far classier fighter!
But remember this also Mayweather has not shown that power for along time and had been critisied by alot of wrtiters for just doing enuf to win fights and being lazy ,take a points win and HOME with the CASH !! BUT the power he showed to beat HATTON i think everyone thought wasnt` ther anymore !!
With HOPKINS he DOES HAVE THAT POWER AND USES IT !!

UNDERESTIMATE THE OLD MAN IF YOU DARE !!!

Calzaghe points for me too, hes a class act will be very close though, cant see him fighting again after this one he has nothing else to prove.

Calzaghe points for me too, hes a class act will be very close though, cant see him fighting again after this one he has nothing else to prove.

come on, if joe takes this one u think he wouldnt do one mega final send-off at the millenium stadium in front of his home crowd?! even though roy jones is past his best, it would still be a great fight to end on.

buble burst for the americans and they dont like it :)

buble burst for the americans and they dont like it :)

Calzaghe did himself no favours m8 not only was he shite but he acted like a prick too. Not a good boxing advertisement that one.

very poor performance by joe but hopkins is a very awkward fighter they both acted like pricks but joe just about nicked it by coming forward very messy fight though.

roy jones jr or hopkins rematch next i think then he will retire.

any one see audley harrison what a joke hes like a big teddy bear

Last edited:
gotta say joe thoroughly deserved his win.................hopkins the dirty cheating fecker trying to claim low bows to run the clock down.

it was a scrappy fight but joe deserved it.

........well off to bed now so i can get up for the derby:)

weren't a brilliant fight thought that Joe missed a lot of punches,timing was well out,Hopkins very dissapointed with him no need to act the goat,as soon as he did then he'd lost the fight as for Joe he is also ageing and maybe he won't be around for much longer.

It dont matter how he won, but Joe has won again. So to all the bhop fans out there, then what now for you man? Yes this was a poor fight, but Joe won, and that is what the history books will show.

@Velvetjester Guess you got it wrong again mate. 2 fights down, and 2 results wrong.

joe was fighting two men (hopkins and the ref) always the same when a brit goes to yank land, look how differently the ref did this fight to the hatton fight, hatton was not allowed to get up close n personal, he ref'd joes fight and aloowed hopkins to use his third hand (head) all the time.

well done joe your a winner dude:Clap::Clap::Clap:

...So to all the bhop fans out there, then what now for you man?

It's all good for Bhop brother... while he decides on his next move, he just goes back to his other day job as co-partner in Golden Boy making megabucks promoting virtually every big fight happening!

yes one of worst fights i ever seen,i am glad i idnt stay up for it,

I cant beleive i stayed up till stupid-o-clock to watch that, it was piss poor from Joe in my opinion he couldnt get to grips with his own game at all, I think he should be very thankful for the win. Especially since the judges were all american, as we've seen what can happen in those situations before.

Anyway all that said im glad he won.

Ref Favor`s Yanks !!!

i thought the ref was a DISCRACE !!! was this the same guy who constantly WARNED
HATTON all through his fight with MAYWEATHER for HOLDING!! at least HATTON was tryn to do some work on the inside unlike HOPKINS!! ( very strange that !) i don`t remember him once telling HOPKINSfor holding !! Just glad the judges so it as negative and saw JOE was tryn to at least make a fight of it !!!

WELL DONE JOE !!!! :banana:

It wasn`t pretty to watch but you got wat u desreved i wonder when he`s gunna demand a re-match !!! i`m sure the money wud be ther but if i was JOE i`d move on !!!

BEEN THER DONE THAT !!!:banana::Clap:

Back