Mobile Phones Any Blackberry users ?

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
im bidding on one on ebay a 9700 bold but ive looked up the o2 webiste and to receive e mails they recomment the blackberry bolt on

I have a simplicity o2 sim with free web bolt on that i use in my iphone will this work in the blackberry or is it a different system ?

also comments on the blackberry please

My dad got the pearl a while back and he lost his email access as the blackberry used a different protocol. Give O2 a call and ask them.

Blackberry use a complete different email system to most other phones , in as much as its permanently live, like a push system.
So you get emails straight away.
Make sure that any blackberry you buy off ebay has been de-registered from blackberry, otherwise you wont be able to use the email system and alot of the other features that will be tied to the handset account.
You will then need to register the handset to you.
This has nothing to do with your Service provider, this is with blackberry themselves.
If its still registered or stolen, you cant use half the stuff on it!
Blackberry GPS etc.
If flashed you will be able to make calls & receive, be able to text, but thats it (no email).
WE bought an 8311 curve off a car boot sale, cheap and had to get it flashed for my son to use it.
Its not a bad phone and durable as hell, but he cant use email or the GPS fuctions as its never been de-registerd!
I had it unlocked at the same time and the handset has not been barred, so i'm assuming it wasn't nicked, just ex contract on O2.
So i would ask the question about registration before you commit.
If the seller does not know what your talking about, then he is not the owner!

Have had 3 blackberry phones 8100 , 8120 , 8900 all got off ebay if you want the blackberry add on i think its about 10 pounds also if buying this way you only have to phone 02 or what ever network your on say you got the phones off ebay and want the pin to be set up for you and they will did it with the 8100 and 8120 when i got the 8900 i just went in to my black berry account and pout the pin in and that was it set up to my account here is a link to the page were you set it up. I remember when i got my first one i was going to just get the 4.50 bolt on but after talking to the girl she said it would not work right but then i did not have the unlimited internet but you would then have to log in to your email to see what they are every time were with the blackberry addon it works like a text message every time you get an email your phone beeps or what ever way you set it up
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
I've recently got a Curve through my work.

I had a mess around with it before my work SIM arrived, Google mail works fine, all web apps work without a hitch (I'm on the O2 unlimited package)

So...your unlimited Web from O2 is sufficient to deal with normal surfing, mail access etc.

I was as happy as a sandboy creating themes, surfing & doing what I wanted on the thing, then my SIM arrived.

The b'stards dropped an IT Security policy onto the phone, it ripped everything back out, added me to the BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server), and now It's locked down as far as installing 3rd party apps on it is concerned, I can still surf, but I hate stuff being restricted.

thanks for all the info guys sounds like hassle maybe just stick with my I phone

Back