Another ebay thread.....

del_piero_3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I listed my phone on eBay and within hours it got sold with buy it now. In the listing I clearly stated that I will only post within UK, but the buyer is from Cyprus with 3 100% feedback and is willing to pay via paypal.......WTF

Because the phone went for £300, the eBay fees are quite hefty....how do I get listing fees and Final Value Fee back and make an complain.

Few weeks ago someone tried to scam me with £13 on eBay, he bought the phone and then he was no longer register with eBay. I did file unpaid dispute but nothing really happened and I was still charged the listing fees and Final Value Fee.

you cant get the fees back unless the buyer agrees let him pay but make sure you withdraw the money from paypal then wait a week or so before you send it recorded del or even better get him to do a bank transfer or send you cash

sorry also ment to say after 10 days you can file a "non paying bidder alert" then after another 7 days you can claim your fees back

allroad said:
you cant get the fees back unless the buyer agrees let him pay but make sure you withdraw the money from paypal then wait a week or so before you send it recorded del or even better get him to do a bank transfer or send you cash
Thanks for the help. The guy has paid £300 to my paypal account. I've requested it to be transfered into my bank account, going to take about 7 days to complete that. I am going to wait about 7-8 days before sending the item - just being on the safe side.

maybe an idea to close that account and open a new one so paypal cant take money from bank account if you have set that part up.bit drastic but needs must

funny this after waiting a good 3 days before sending away an item i had, i get paypal sending me a mail today that there was a suspicious action so they took money back off me......but the good thing is i spent all the money i had in my paypal account apart from £1.50 and now i am in the minus range :)
if paypal ask me to pay i am going to tell them to f-off, i sent the item after waiting for funds clearing!!

The exact same thing has happened to me on ebay, both trying to sell the same phone, both times stated i would post to UK only and both time bought by a supposed nigerian buyer. Neither still registered. They both wanted to pay by postal order. I sent postage details to the first one to send payment but never heard from him again. The second guy e-mailed me with some sob story and asked me for personal details like name address phone numbers etc. I never replied and filed a dispute with ebay. how can i now claim my fees back and more importantly, is there and way i could be scammed using the name and address i supplied? is there anything i should be checking?

Cheers

Andrew

Just report item unpaid if you do list your phone again in sellers preference block bidders not in the uk also state immediate payment required and set it to paypal only and at the bottom of your list advertise that you will report all scammers to ebay immediatley that tends to stop them good luck also beware of the scam emails saying paypal account needs updating and also ebay has been suspended these are scam attempts to get login details regarding your address it will now prob be on mailing lists

Back