Routers annoying streaming problem

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys
ive recently moved over from C/S to IPTV. All fine, but my internet connection is crap so if im downloading anything or using the wifi the service can start to struggle. My exchange has been upgraded so im just waiting for my street cab to be upgraded, but who knows how long that will take. Question is, is there anyway i can make my router ensure the MAG always receives enough speed to work properly?
Thanks

Hi only by the means you have already quoted..do not use bandwidth for anything else while streaming.

not really mate, theres only me and the missus, i use my 3G in the house, so theres only really her mobile for FB as shes on a capped data plan, and the laptops when they are on. its the only disadvantage from C/S and IPTV, as the service is great and the box is wife friendly, it just seems to smash a lot of dats

hi guys
ive recently moved over from C/S to IPTV. All fine, but my internet connection is crap so if im downloading anything or using the wifi the service can start to struggle. My exchange has been upgraded so im just waiting for my street cab to be upgraded, but who knows how long that will take. Question is, is there anyway i can make my router ensure the MAG always receives enough speed to work properly?
Thanks

It's not really my field, but I have seem some routers have a 'QOS' (quality of service) setting which I believe can prioritise bandwidth to a given device or IP range, which sounds exactly what you ant. Also, to save on b/w, you can stop those annoying 'auto-play' videos on Faceboak, that might help too.

Hi, cheers buddy,they've already been stopped haha! I just wish openreach would hurry up and get to my cabinet so i can have a decent speed connection!

Back