animal crossing

blobby

Inactive User
Reaction score
is there anyway to get animal crossing working without updating cheers

the update is probably new drivers for the 'chat' side of the game.
try replacing the update using WUM and see if the game works.

Let us know the outcome.

WUM sees the firmware = blank, on animal crossing

Does that mean that there isn't a firmware update on it?

check wum has updated it's database

maybe your iso has been brickblocked?

could be an update which is just for the game, not firmware?

guessing here, do some googling there must be plenty of others in the same boat.

animal crossing that i downloaded had been brickblocked if wum says no firmware it has already been brickblocked

did it for my sister on a softmodded 3.2, works fine, did not brickblock but she does have starfall installed

did it for my sister on a softmodded 3.2, works fine, did not brickblock but she does have starfall installed

i think peeps with softmod not on 3.2e might have a prob running games 'trucha' signed ie updates removed , changed etc. but for u and me it's fine, as we are on trucha hungry 3.2e ;p

Yeh, as the above poster says you need this wad installed IOS38 or it can't run with chips.

Dunno about softmod's though, I think IOS calls get redirected with them, so IOS38 is probably not needed.

thanks for all replys installed homebrew and got it working through geckoOS CHEERS

I'm confused with this game....

(PAL Wii on 3.2 firmware with wiinja delux fitted)

When the disc is inserted it says 'Wii System Update' in the disc channel window.

So I installed IOS38 (as above), still get the same message.

Game will load through Gecko, but my kids will click on the update when they try it!!

Is it safe to allow the update?

UPDATE:
Now BrickBlocked the ISO using WUM and it plays.
Not sure if the IOS38 is doing anything?

Last edited:
I got this to work on chipped PAL wii 3.1E and wiikey 1.9g without doing the update

downloaded IOSPatcher-1.0
dragged iso onto IOSPatcher.exe
typed in 30
brickblocked
burned .iso

tested on scrubbed and non scrubbed and it worked

hope this helps some of you

dont think it works on firmware above 3.2

cant get this to work either
game picture shows in menu and as soon as I click to load game just goes black screen
wiinja delux
Animal.Crossing.Lets.go.to.the.City.PAL.Wii-LoCAL

Last edited:
I had an NTSC version which just went to a black screen, didn't offer update, then tried PAL version which offered an update, ran the update and it works fine now. Running a D2PRO, the update hasn't stopped any other games from working. I ran the update after reading a few people's posts in various forums. Research it for yourself if you are worried about applying updates, I like to live on the edge and try stuff. ;)

maybe this one is NTSC then ?? but I got it from a reputable place

ill download it again from somewhere else

my 'local' version was PAL.

maybe it's already been brickblocked, so doesn't offer to update.

have u tried running it from Gecko OS? (worked for wii music which went to black screen)

downloaded again
burn then asks for update

run through brickblocker then shows black screen
?

Back