Andromeda V2.0 Image Feedback

thanks for the image..
seems to be going very well(3hrs)+ fixed my freezing box first class image..

1 little question how do i get the image to keep the bouquets already done when u first flash the image.

i have set my location, then bouquets leave current,but when i scan it just puts all channels in unsorted..

but once again thanks alot..top notch image

going to give this one ago now. had the last one installed so looking forward to this release. again many thanx for all the work youve done. just ordred a 500c (clone) so this could be my last dbox image

Last was was awesome so godda install this one and seems to be working a treat.

Great image.....minor problem

This image looks great - put it onto my Nokia 2x last night. Only minor snag I have seen is after I exit from the main "dbox" menus, the "Mute" icon appears in the top right corner, even though the sound hasn't been muted. The only way to get rid of it, other than rebooting, is to switch the on screen clock on and off (which effectively 'wipes' the annoying mute icon away). Anyone else seen this?

On a more general note, what's the best way of loading the box with more than 1 days worth of EPG?

I was unaware that this image was able to show epg longer than 1 day, That would be great to know how to do this

Longer than 1 day, m8? 15 hours max is the norm, no matter which image you use.

7 Days EPG is still in the test stage, and you'll never see it on a standard dbox2 across all 300 odd services, coz there isn't enough memory!! But you guys can start preparing for it, AND save masses amounts of memory on your box at the same time...

Ask yourself these questions: Do you NEED 15 hours of EPG across 200 channels you rarely, if ever, watch? NO

Would you be happy with just 'Now and Next' EPG on the channels you never watch? YES

So start ploughing the field and read up on PT-1's FAQ Helpfile in the epgfilter.xml department. You'll find that file in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/ and here is a small example of it's syntax:

<epgfilter is_whitelist="0" except_current_next="1">
<channel serviceID="01fa" name="BBC Parliament" tsid="0005" onid="0031"/>
</epgfilter>

This restricts this lousy boring channel to Now 'n Next EPG only. Why waste dbox memory on storing 15 hours EPG for crap you're not gonna watch? Carry on adding more channel lines like that before the closing </epgfilter> tag.

I've got 135 channels in there, and getting 7 Days epg on the 100 channels that are NOT in there - (My services.xml is 'slim' like Mrs Beckham). For you to achieve 7 Days takes 4 more special files, which I'm sure will be on general release very soon, thanks to a lot of hard work and ingenuity by a guy named FreddyFrog over on CF. :salute:

But start preparing the way, guys- and save your box from wasting loadsa memory on totally useless background tasks!!

Cheers- AL

Same box last 3 years, tried loads of images, this is the best so far. Very stable.

This image as default will give upto 3 days epg by setting it to 3 days max and 17500 max events - the experimental sectionsd with the epgfilter can give upto 7 Days epg :)

very good image! liking it already image quality is very good. Top work!

This image as default will give upto 3 days epg by setting it to 3 days max and 17500 max events - the experimental sectionsd with the epgfilter can give upto 7 Days epg :)

Hmmm- I thought I'd tested this before on a std image, but just in case I dreamt it- I just tried again, admittedly with an image dating back to Sept 07.

Still only get c15 hours epg with your settings, lincsat. This is with epgfilter.xml active, too- so it's only around a 100 channels that I'm looking for long epg on...

You sure you're not using the tweaked pzapit and sectionsd for your 3 day results, m8?

Cheers- AL

Edit- Ah! Yep, I'm now getting 3 days epg on my chosen channels, by manually switching to pvr_epg channel for 10 minutes or so. Is this what you meant?

Last edited:
bouquets and services .xml in derby c/w

have just flashed this ti my nokia x2.had a corrupt image .could not get into my settings so i didnt save my bouquets and services .xml..i need these in derby c/w.anybody help?

xenafan, you are the man! another solid image. andromeda has been the only image to sort my chirping sagem 1x so you are legend round my house.

So start ploughing the field and read up on PT-1's FAQ Helpfile in the epgfilter.xml department. You'll find that file in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/ and here is a small example of it's syntax:

<epgfilter is_whitelist="0" except_current_next="1">
<channel serviceID="01fa" name="BBC Parliament" tsid="0005" onid="0031"/>
</epgfilter>

This restricts this lousy boring channel to Now 'n Next EPG only. Why waste dbox memory on storing 15 hours EPG for crap you're not gonna watch? Carry on adding more channel lines like that before the closing </epgfilter> tag.

I've got 135 channels in there, and getting 7 Days epg on the 100 channels that are NOT in there - (My services.xml is 'slim' like Mrs Beckham). For you to achieve 7 Days takes 4 more special files, which I'm sure will be on general release very soon, thanks to a lot of hard work and ingenuity by a guy named FreddyFrog over on CF. :salute:

But start preparing the way, guys- and save your box from wasting loadsa memory on totally useless background tasks!!

Cheers- AL
I must have missed this one, works well & very easy to do, i have all the crap channels in a hidden bouquet, i just copied all those & made a epgfilter.xml file then uploaded it to the box & it worked first time. :)

have just flashed this ti my nokia x2.had a corrupt image .could not get into my settings so i didnt save my bouquets and services .xml..i need these in derby c/w.anybody help?
Have you tried setting your area on your box then doing a scan?

As for the scanning problem i'd been having it's done the same thing on two of my boxes & one of my mates, even after a re-flash it happened again on one of the boxes, but the other two have been ok so far.

Last edited:
the epgfilter stuff - is EPG info cashed for channels in myservice files? i've got all my junk in there.

the epgfilter stuff - is EPG info cashed for channels in myservice files? i've got all my junk in there.

Nobody has verified this for certain, but assume the worst- so assume it is. You might get some clues by stopping sectionsd in Telnet, with a
killall -9 sectionsd command, then restart it in debug mode, with
sectionsd -d command- and observe what's happening.

It would be an interesting test! Cheers- AL

Great Image with good picture quality. Had it running on my box now for a few days. Once a day I get a message saying "channel not available" on all channels. Once I reboot it all works again. Is therer anything I can do to stop this happening. Seems to happen if I'm flicking through the channels quickly.

Once a day I get a message saying "channel not available" on all channels. Once I reboot it all works again
I too have this problem , it also happened with Andromeda 1.2
Always occurs when flicking through channels, nothing major and bearable
for such a quality image
Cheers

Edit : also noticed that the clock on the infobar/menus occasionally misses
out digits e.g 07:50 becomes 0 :50 not sure if it happens on other
images

Last edited:
Back