Andromeda V1 Image Feedback

An update on my update! Thanks to ManofScience's comment I decided to be more patient!
The scan kicked into action after about 1.5 minutes - never takes this long on other images, but the scan itself was quick so all's good!
Thanks again for all your hard work xenafan :emotions1
W.

Glad you got it sorted m8 i will look into the scanning problem you are haveing see if i can get it to do the same here.

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers

had this image on for 18 hours......absolutley NO probs wotsover with this image....not 1 squeak....Streaming works really good too......excellent work xenafan !!!!

Thanks for the feedback m8 done this for stability nice to get this info.

Cheers

Another quality image, xenafan! Here's AL's feedback (constructive as always), m8-

I zeroed all the keyfiles and tested each cam in turn. All AU'd properly and populated their respective file with data.

A couple of typos STILL lurking around in the CVS (english.locale dept.), proving that nobody over there actually ever reads our feedback, ahem!

Settings > Network still has Umount, instead of Unmount

and Settings > Misc > General still reads EPG-Cache (Days) when it should say TuxText Cache (which is an On or Off item). The 'real' EPG-Cache (Days) lies 3 lines further down, and you have defaulted this to 1 day, instead of the usual 14 days. Good!!

In the same menu, I reckon the EPG Info item really ought to say Infobar Action or Infobar Behaviour to describe this item's function a bit better. At least the Expensive option in some recent images is corrected to Advanced in yours, LOL!

Problem somewhere in yWeb, which fails to make a backup image in /tmp - even though it claims it just has (in about 2 nanoseconds!). In fact, this is a bit like trying to download something from DWZ at present, LOL!

You're using the 'large' versions of evo/mg/new. Useful free space to be gained by using the 'small' versions, m8. I have TuxWeather and Pacman on, and still showimh 916kb Free.

Summat not quite right in Service Scan menu? Most of the bottom half of the menu remains greyed-out, and seems very 'Satellite' orientated. No sign of your netID in there, as normal. The culprit might be the Manual Scan option, which is Off, but you can't get at it to turn it On...

LCD-EPG: You've got this working wonderfully- Well done! I wish I could do the same in CableFerret; I've tried all ways, but no joy.

The menu that you've put LCD-EPG into- why don't you do the same for all the remaining Andromeda Menu stuff under the Blue button? Talking of which, I don't think the cam gets killed in Standby if you set it to do this. It stays awake (G-Box seems to, anyway).

Cheers- AL

ps: Nearly forgot- you're using the 'expanded' version of the Image Backup / Flash menus, when the short version is sooooo much better!!

Thanks for the Feedback m8
All taken onboard dont know how i missed the yweb will fix in a update well spotted.

Cheers

Xenafan

Cheers xenafan,
Another top image running great here in Dublin,
Like the new layout mate.
Only thing i can find wrong is the service scan menu as AL already said.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Hi put this on my nokia dbox2 it,s running rock solid at the moment thanks for another great image***

Gutted, getting the same as a few others everytime i do a service scan it locks up, looks a great image as well. Sagem 2x. Tried reloading it but just get the same thing.

Cheers xenafan,
Another top image running great here in Dublin,
Like the new layout mate.
Only thing i can find wrong is the service scan menu as AL already said.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Thanks for the feedback m8
Glad you like it.

Cheers

Hi put this on my nokia dbox2 it,s running rock solid at the moment thanks for another great image***

Thanks for the feedback m8
been running here for a week now not one issue seems very stable indeed.

Cheers

Gutted, getting the same as a few others everytime i do a service scan it locks up, looks a great image as well. Sagem 2x. Tried reloading it but just get the same thing.

I will take another look at the scanning tomorrow cant get it to not work here but will go through it completly and will reupload an update.

Cheers

How long did you leave it on the scanning page? It took mine 1.5 minutes from hitting the blue button to going to the transponders/channels found screen.

W.

A good 15 minutes m8. It always got to 17/188 with 40 channels found then froze.

i love this image...however i have a slight problem with my epg.(it may be a setting i have missed though)..
When use the -event list : current channel...sometimes it will only show me the next 2 hours or so..instead of the whole day.......
not a biggy...other than that ...fantastic !!!

I got that same issue, I just simply reboot it, prob will be a setting i havent tried to alter. But from installing the image it hasnt once jiggered.popped/chirped or farted so im very happy with it

Andromeda download problem

Based on the very latest Next Generation - Return Image
Andromeda V1
Jffs2 image
All UK Scanning Thanks to Mrdontay
Old school meets New school
Integrated Lcd-Epg no more plugins turns on and off in dbox andromeda settings
Gbox Evocamd Mgcamd and Newcamd
Cam version shows on infobar plus encryption
This image done for Chirping and Freezing boxes.
IP 192.168.0.24
Cams Ucodes via blue button menu
upnp browser
Added ucodes 00f0-00f1 and 0013
On screen clock etc
Scart mode
Password for menu personalization 0000
New setmylocations file added with all entrys found in the net-id section and a few more.
Goto dbox ,service ,system informations and now gives info on dbox if 1x or 2x and if avia 600 or 500 plus much more.
Enjoy

Been trying to download this over the past 2 days but only about 125kb gets downloaded and then winrar reports end of file error.

I have noticed similar problems when downloading files from DW.

Can you shed any light on this please xenafan

cheers

There was a problem for alot of us that tried to get the images, i did a temp fix by making a new rapid uppload url, but i have been informed that the downloads were fixed. You will have just to be patient i guess and keep trying

Which image do you need ?

thanks a lot thought the blade images were good with just the odd black screen that righted itself in seconds but this is the next level not a stutter rock solid thanks again

There was a problem for alot of us that tried to get the images, i did a temp fix by making a new rapid uppload url, but i have been informed that the downloads were fixed. You will have just to be patient i guess and keep trying

Which image do you need ?

Tried downloading Andromeda V1 Nokia Image 2X & Blade Trinity V2 Nokia 2X but the same with both. Will be patient and keep trying.

Also would like to get into images in depth and notice an ols psot on an image school so will take a look at that if its still ongoing.

cheers for your post m8

Back