Andromeda V1 Image Feedback

I have Installed the x2 nokia image twice and on both occasions I haven`t been able to upload my bouquets.xml. Either via ftp or yweb. Is there any other means baring the two previously mentioned to get a bouquets.xml to the dbox ?

Last edited:
been trying to download from last night but keep getting error when i try to open (error file corrupted (crc error) the download only takes 1 second any one els having this prob i know mickey had a prob
cheers johny48
trying to download
2x sagem and 2x nokia

I get this too....wont download correctly !!!!!

Just an update - I've downloaded the image again and reflashed but it still locks when I try to scan and also when I try to add my services via ftp and reload the channels.

Commando 9 (which I've just put on) works fine.

It might be the way I've flashed the image as IFA won't work for me under Vista. I've tried flashing the whole image and just the partition without the bootloader - still no dice :-(
(Sagem 2xCPU on exC&W)

W.

working fine here and i've just downloaded 20mins ago.
i must admit, just done a new full scan and it did look like it hung, but after 30 seconds it went to the normal scanning screen and continued as normal. back up and working fine now, so far the xenafan images have worked best for me.
getting used to the new menus as things are quite different from the blade versions - just 1 thing - where are the nagra ROMs?

Nokia x2, ex-TW area

I have Installed the x2 nokia image twice and on both occasions I haven`t been able to upload my bouquets.xml. Either via ftp or yweb. Is there any other means baring the two previously mentioned to get a bouquets.xml to the dbox ?

Will Re-download and take a look for you

Cheers

Just an update - I've downloaded the image again and reflashed but it still locks when I try to scan and also when I try to add my services via ftp and reload the channels.
Commando 9 (which I've just put on) works fine.
It might be the way I've flashed the image as IFA won't work for me under Vista. I've tried flashing the whole image and just the partition without the bootloader - still no dice :-(
(Sagem 2xCPU on exC&W)
W.

Only flashed by ifa going to download all and re-check will flash the same as you and get back to you.

Cheers

working fine here and i've just downloaded 20mins ago.
i must admit, just done a new full scan and it did look like it hung, but after 30 seconds it went to the normal scanning screen and continued as normal. back up and working fine now, so far the xenafan images have worked best for me.
getting used to the new menus as things are quite different from the blade versions - just 1 thing - where are the nagra ROMs?
Nokia x2, ex-TW area

Put rom support on my list to do will be added on update just waiting for some more feedback if theres anything else to sort.

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers

been trying to download from last night but keep getting error when i try to open (error file corrupted (crc error) the download only takes 1 second any one els having this prob i know mickey had a prob
cheers johny48
trying to download
2x sagem and 2x nokia

Did you get sorted m8 ?

Cheers

This is the most stable image i have done yet this is just the start on this version new things will be added in version V2 this is something a bit different .
Cheers
Xenafan
Cheers Bro He He!!

nice one

Getting the same here now i will wait until later today and if not sorted will post them in the thread.
Cheers

hi xenafan
i am stil trying to DL from here but got img from another site img seems to go right protected very easy so i cant give feed back till i get another download as i think the img is corrupt in some way as for posting in the thread i know some members had the same issues with down loads from threads as well. will wait till after to see if it gets fixed by admin pm,d devilfish yesterday about all this
cheers johny48

Well i finall got all 3 flavours after waiting 2 days as i used up my limit LOL by trying to get the 1x image. I was able to download the files by opening them and not simply downloading them. dunno if it was a fluke. Anyone wanting the images untill this issue can be rctified give me a shout.

Cant wait to load up new image and see wot i can do, Cheers Xen for another great image

hi xenafan
i am stil trying to DL from here but got img from another site img seems to go right protected very easy so i cant give feed back till i get another download as i think the img is corrupt in some way as for posting in the thread i know some members had the same issues with down loads from threads as well. will wait till after to see if it gets fixed by admin pm,d devilfish yesterday about all this
cheers johny48

Just reflashed originals and ftpd files across and deleted stuff and re put files back on scanned etc everything ok here

Shouldnt go read only so easy around 800k+ space available showing in sytems informations.

Think i will wait till downloads fixed then , and maybe re-upload them

Thanks for info

Cheers

xenafan

I have upped em to rapid get them while there alive (hope im not breaking any rules)
Andromeda V1 ADDED 22-11-07 xenafan

###downloads working now### -Devilfish

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
testing img everything seem ok but when selecting the upnp browser (error no channels were found) measag is displayedand if you go into services to do a scan setting are changed to Astra 19.2E Diseqc.
pull power and all is ok again.
will let you know of any thing els but i think it was this that made img read only as i set every thing up did a scan, restarted neutrino.and then had a go at upnp browser,
cheer s johny48

hi
testing img everything seem ok but when selecting the upnp browser (error no channels were found) measag is displayedand if you go into services to do a scan setting are changed to Astra 19.2E Diseqc.
pull power and all is ok again.
will let you know of any thing els but i think it was this that made img read only as i set every thing up did a scan, restarted neutrino.and then had a go at upnp browser,
cheer s johny48
Will take a look as tried upnp just says scanning for Upnp servers then servers not found as before.Weird one seems ok here
Cheers

Last edited:
had this image on for 18 hours......absolutley NO probs wotsover with this image....not 1 squeak....Streaming works really good too......excellent work xenafan !!!!

Another quality image, xenafan! Here's AL's feedback (constructive as always), m8-

I zeroed all the keyfiles and tested each cam in turn. All AU'd properly and populated their respective file with data.

A couple of typos STILL lurking around in the CVS (english.locale dept.), proving that nobody over there actually ever reads our feedback, ahem!

Settings > Network still has Umount, instead of Unmount

and Settings > Misc > General still reads EPG-Cache (Days) when it should say TuxText Cache (which is an On or Off item). The 'real' EPG-Cache (Days) lies 3 lines further down, and you have defaulted this to 1 day, instead of the usual 14 days. Good!!

In the same menu, I reckon the EPG Info item really ought to say Infobar Action or Infobar Behaviour to describe this item's function a bit better. At least the Expensive option in some recent images is corrected to Advanced in yours, LOL!

Problem somewhere in yWeb, which fails to make a backup image in /tmp - even though it claims it just has (in about 2 nanoseconds!). In fact, this is a bit like trying to download something from DWZ at present, LOL!

You're using the 'large' versions of evo/mg/new. Useful free space to be gained by using the 'small' versions, m8. I have TuxWeather and Pacman on, and still showimh 916kb Free.

Summat not quite right in Service Scan menu? Most of the bottom half of the menu remains greyed-out, and seems very 'Satellite' orientated. No sign of your netID in there, as normal. The culprit might be the Manual Scan option, which is Off, but you can't get at it to turn it On...

LCD-EPG: You've got this working wonderfully- Well done! I wish I could do the same in CableFerret; I've tried all ways, but no joy.

The menu that you've put LCD-EPG into- why don't you do the same for all the remaining Andromeda Menu stuff under the Blue button? Talking of which, I don't think the cam gets killed in Standby if you set it to do this. It stays awake (G-Box seems to, anyway).

Cheers- AL

ps: Nearly forgot- you're using the 'expanded' version of the Image Backup / Flash menus, when the short version is sooooo much better!!

Last edited:
An update on my update! Thanks to ManofScience's comment I decided to be more patient!

The scan kicked into action after about 1.5 minutes - never takes this long on other images, but the scan itself was quick so all's good!

Thanks again for all your hard work xenafan :emotions1

W.

Back