Android Mobile/ Android TV

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the main difference?
Today i downloaded Disney+ and Curiosity Stream on my phone. I then tried to put them on my Phantom X96, but they failed to install? I then tried the same on an Nvidia Shield, they installed but wouldn't open/ run??
:)

You can install D+ and CS from the playstore on the shield
Like a lot off apps mobile version won't work on the TV or Shield

Cheers, I'll take a look :)

I'm sure the last time i went on the Shield play store, i couldn't find fcuk all? Lol

Cheers, I'll take a look :)

I'm sure the last time i went on the Shield play store, i couldn't find fcuk all? Lol
That’s because Android Tv os doesn’t have a full playstore. 🙄

I would thought iPlayer would be available for Android tv os.
I think it was available on Shield, but on X96 just came up with a couple of games after a search lol.
The Shield play store looks 2nd rate, and the X96 looks 3rd rate lol. One might even say, they look like snide clones.

I'll post a pic later. :)

Last edited:
This is why I don’t use Android tv os devices tbh.
Android tv os is good if you want access to the official big media streaming 4k apps.
The device has to have the licenses to be able to install these 4k apps to begin with and most of the cheap devices don’t have the required licenses.
For me personally I don’t use any of these official 4K apps and opt to buy a decent device with just Android os which will have no bloatware and I can customise it how I like.
Horses for courses I suppose.

Back