An explination please rom 7, 10 11

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can somebody who knows explain what is this ? all the excitement of the last day or to has put something else in my field of vision that i dont know.

it seems everybody is talking about rom 7 not updateing etc etc

well when i look at my keyfile it only has rom 10 and 11 i am in a pure ntl area, when i updated i did the rom 10 or 11 lines with the 7 codes knocking about and it all worked.

So my questions are why dont i have rom 7's in my keyfile ?

If i update the rom7.bin file it doest look like it will fix my box perm ?

Are there going to be rom 10 and 11 updates ?

ok thanks for the link

but what are rom 7 10 11 and why do i only have 10 and 11 ?

The file are images of different rom versions. In a legit box they are various card versions that subscribers can have. I guess it depends on when they were issued.

The nagrarom files emulate each card version. In theory having one working rom image on your box should be fine, having three roms images gives you a couple of backups.

Wiggy

The file are images of different rom versions. In a legit box they are various card versions that subscribers can have. I guess it depends on when they were issued.

The nagrarom files emulate each card version. In theory having one working rom image on your box should be fine, having three roms images gives you a couple of backups.

Wiggy
Nice but can you answer this? If I have any other rom in than 7 evocamd clears for 10 secs then dosnt clear for 10 secs and stays on this loop?

its not a prob as I just remove all other roms and its 100% fine but one of them things I always wonderd why?

Nice but can you answer this? If I have any other rom in than 7 evocamd clears for 10 secs then dosnt clear for 10 secs and stays on this loop?

its not a prob as I just remove all other roms and its 100% fine but one of them things I always wonderd why?

Maybe the Rom 10 and 11 you have are not the same copies that everyone else are using.

Wiggy

the 10seconds on 10seconds off thing is why most people deleted rom10 and 11 roms from their images

PIJ

the 10seconds on 10seconds off thing is why most people deleted rom10 and 11 roms from their images

PIJ
Ok thx them its not just me that has this :)

well it is now coz everyone else fixed it lol

hi,
can you please explain the difference between rom and nagrarom, nagraram, etc.
which one to use for which image type??

thanks

thanks Devilfish,

can they be renamed to rom, ram. erp without any trouble????

thanks

hi,
can you please explain the difference between rom and nagrarom, nagraram, etc.
which one to use for which image type??

thanks

Rom = Read only memory - Files that contain the word Rom contain images of a cards permanent operating system memory.

Ram=Random Access memory. Ram files tend to hold transient information that can change from moment to moment. The Ram files you usually see often contain starting values for registers and ram memory.

EEpr = EEprom = Electrically Erasable Read Only Memory. These files tend to contain information that can change occasionally but not too often. Generally its customer tier information and code updates called bugcatchers. This is basically the info you get using NagraEdit.

sorry,
maybe i didn't put my question right.

can i use rom in the place of nagrarom?????

The files are the same thing regardless of name, you just have to name it correctly for whatever application is using it.

Can you please explain which application uses rom and which uses nagrarom?????

If you want to tell use what you are trying to do, you may get better answers

Back