7 easy ways to make Windows 11 look like Windows 10

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Windows10 has been serving us faithfully since July 29th, 2015. While the old girl may not have much life left, she’s still the Microsoft OS of choice for many users. It’s true that Windows 11 came with far more enhanced creature comforts and improved usability, but in many cases, people just prefer the crisp, clean Windows 10 design language. Luckily, with our guide on how to make Windows 11 look like 10, you don’t have to give Windows 10 up, even when it’s defunct and no longer receiving updates.

How to make Windows 11 look like Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News

I don't use windows 11, but sadly I have to use windows 10 on my newest desktop and laptop because there are no windows 7 drivers available for them. To make 10 look like 7 I use Classic Shell, they have stopped developing it a few years back, but it is still downloadable and works for windows 10, I haven't tried to use it on anyone's windows 11 but I can't see why it wouldn't work to make it look and work as well as windows 7 did.

Classic Shell

I don't use windows 11, but sadly I have to use windows 10 on my newest desktop and laptop because there are no windows 7 drivers available for them. To make 10 look like 7 I use Classic Shell, they have stopped developing it a few years back, but it is still downloadable and works for windows 10, I haven't tried to use it on anyone's windows 11 but I can't see why it wouldn't work to make it look and work as well as windows 7 did.

Classic Shell
Does not work on 11

Why have 11 to look like 10?.
Seems pointless. I only moved to 10 from 7 for drivers and direct x12.
I wouldnt go to 11 just to make it look like 10 unless it had some added bonuses
WIn 10 serves me well.

I wouldnt go to 11 just to make it look like 10 unless it had some added bonuses
WIn 10 serves me well.
Exactly, it's pointless

WIn 10 serves me well.
My new laptop came win 11 and I just like the layout of 10, thats why nothing else 🤓

yip as does thousands of others personal choice counts

My new laptop came win 11 and I just like the layout of 10, thats why nothing else 🤓
Well yes if it came with 11... which this post will apply to anyone buying a pc with win 11 already installed
but its pointless upgrading to win 11 to make it look like win 10.

Im probably in the other majority of thousands of people that will say its uselss unless you have win 11 already installed

Last edited:
I'm new on this forum, but I stumbled upon this thread while looking for ways to customize my Windows 10. Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I couldn't resist adding my two cents! I recently switched back to Windows after a long stint on Mac, and I gotta say, I missed the familiarity of Windows 10.

Back