Amazon Fire TV Stick - Switching off updates?

I want to add Es file manager so I can load kodi thru my fire stick without using a laptop but on my fire stick it wants me to pay for it..is there another way to do it ?

I mean when you click on Es file manager it is not free they want you to pay for it..I did go any further to see what price might be ...will it show you the price if you click yes to pay for it?

I want to add Es file manager so I can load kodi thru my fire stick without using a laptop but on my fire stick it wants me to pay for it..is there another way to do it ?

I mean when you click on Es file manager it is not free they want you to pay for it..I did go any further to see what price might be ...will it show you the price if you click yes to pay for it?

Install adbfire on your laptop then google firestarter download that and install it onto your fire stick via adbfire. from firestarter you can install kodi via the update menu. Saves bothering with es file explorer

You want es file explorer not manager.

- - - Updated - - -

Install adbfire on your laptop then google firestarter download that and install it onto your fire stick via adbfire. from firestarter you can install kodi via the update menu. Saves bothering with es file explorer

I think they have changed the name to firestopper now and I think that it will not be long before amazon put a stop to this too. @IANB.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you say hardware soldering do you mean opening up the box? I have a firestick can you solder on that?

- - - Updated - - -

where would you find process for hardware soldering?

when you say hardware soldering do you mean opening up the box? I have a firestick can you solder on that?

- - - Updated - - -

where would you find process for hardware soldering?

Who mentioned soldering. You need to read the reply's again.

what is a hardware soldering method?

I am on about my reply to your original question about es file explorer , not a post over a year ago. You did not mention soldering in you original post and I don't recommend you try.

as amazon has blocked firestarter and it has been renamed to firestopper does anyone know how to rename kodi xbmc so if amazon decides to block kodi we can rename individually to unblock it

as amazon has blocked firestarter and it has been renamed to firestopper does anyone know how to rename kodi xbmc so if amazon decides to block kodi we can rename individually to unblock it

Minix have there own version of Kodi called xbmc minix. I have it on my minix box but I use the official version. I would imagine you will be able download it. If you can't I can upload it. There is also spmc you could use.

Minix have there own version of Kodi called xbmc minix. I have it on my minix box but I use the official version. I would imagine you will be able download it. If you can't I can upload it. There is also spmc you could use.
Would that run on a firetvstick

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

stopping updates is easy.
install adb-link and Debloater . run both together select in Debloater to disable over the air updater .apk . "no more updates" (it can be reversed).

That is why I already did mine before it could update

IMPORTANT: THIS GUIDE WORKS ON FIRE TV FIRMWARE 5.0.5.1 AND BELOW

Block-Fire-TV-Updates2.jpg

As of Amazon Fire TV Firmware 5.2.1.0, the debloater tool does not allow the blocking of Fire TV automatic updates which was the best way to achieve this.

After trying to unsuccessfully block automatic updates via router for the past week, I am done dealing with this unnecessary procedure.
I am of the belief that Amazon will never block Kodi as they rely on too many people who use Kodi and also Amazon Prime. They would be shooting themselves in the foot if they ever did this.
If they ever did block the installation of Kodi, we can use an Android TV Box which will work just as good if not better than the Fire TV/Stick.

how is it different the firestopper app was just renamed because amazon had disabled firestarter so it was then updated and renamed to appstarter post 797 from xda

Back