Alien 8900 no longer works due to network issue

dekaman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Basically it WAS working until my landline internet was down I then used my router to pick up my phone wifi and use that for the internet.

Nothing happened so I checked network connection and each time I click it I green screen(using enigma 2) tried factory restore, settings restore and every other thing works on the box apart from the network therefore I cant access pay channels

I know the internet works as my skybox is fine.

unplug for router and see if you can go to network settings after a reboot

I should of mentioned I have tried removing ethernet cable, rebooting various times, factory resetting, even tried without the sat cable attached and same problem, it just green screens but cant write down the error as its too fast.

My landline is back on so it "works" but I still cannot access the network setup so it sounds more of a software issue but I need to know how to sort it.

I plan to upgrade the enigma image anyway just worried about losing the bouquets and settings.

My landline is back on so it "works" but I still cannot access the network setup so it sounds more of a software issue but I need to know how to sort it.

I plan to upgrade the enigma image anyway just worried about losing the bouquets and settings.

these can all be got again the only thing that cant are your personal setting/details

Sure I know that but dont know how to install it, I am bright but would need a guide to do it.

In fact I would prefer to wipe it and just add what I want.

Easiest way I have found to upgrade the E2 image is through spark using the E2 upgrade plugin, whether it be a vanilla image or back up image it is less fussy with usb stick this way, I think you can find the E2upgrade plugin in the download section on here.

Back