Alien 2 Newbie

adiegilpin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, im looking to start using one of these Alien 2 boxes but since ive been away from the scene for so long(ex cable user).
First of all what do i need to get up and running, i only want to get Uk channels im not bothered for european stuff.
I have purchased and awaiting deliver of my sat dish (s** type one) with quad LNB, i have all the cable already.Ive got a few sources for buying the Alien 2 twin tuner box. I guess i need the right image too. Is there anything else i need like Programs/software, card readers/programmers.

Any help and a point in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Adie

Ive just downloaded the tutorial from the Alien Section in Downloads(doh should have looked here before posting). But i didnt see one for the Alien 2, does anyone know if its the same process as the alien 8900 ???

Ive just downloaded the tutorial from the Alien Section in Downloads(doh should have looked here before posting). But i didnt see one for the Alien 2, does anyone know if its the same process as the alien 8900 ???

I am pretty sure it is, only the images are different.

You are correct process is same image is different.

Excellent stuff, thanks guys.

Another question.... do i need to run all 4 cables from the quad lnb to the box or is it just 2??

Excellent stuff, thanks guys.

Another question.... do i need to run all 4 cables from the quad lnb to the box or is it just 2??

Just the two, although if you run all four into the house then you have spares for when you buy another box!

Back