Ahhh that old nugget 'is it ok to attack someone who breaks into your house' ..

Lanstrom

Inactive User
Reaction score
Suspected burglar stabbed to death in Salford

A suspected burglar has been stabbed to death while apparently trying to break into a house in Greater Manchester.

It is understood the man was attempting to get into a house in Ethel Avenue, Salford, on Wednesday night when the householder tried to defend the house.

The man, 26, is believed to have been carried away by other members of a balaclava-clad gang as they fled, before being dumped in the street.

The householder, his son and son's girlfriend have been arrested.

Greater Manchester Police said it was treating the death as murder.

The men, aged 57 and 29, and 21-year-old woman are being questioned in connection with the death.
'Shocking incident'

Police have put up a 100m cordon around the terraced house in Pendlebury, which backs on to open scrubland.

Ch Supt Kevin Mulligan, who heads Greater Manchester Police's Salford division, said: "Clearly this is a shocking incident and a man has lost his life.

"However, I can reassure the community that we will thoroughly investigate what happened last night and do not believe that members of the public are at risk.

BBC News - Suspected burglar stabbed to death in Salford

No need to be spending my hard earned tax money on an "investigation" Mr Police Office ! I can sum it up for you ...

Nasty horrible men broke into someones house. House owner of the aforementioned house "resolved" the matter.
END OF STORY

:)

Dirty f***in scum bags breaking into someones house and although some people may disagree.....he deserved everything he got!! Good on the homeowner for protecting his property.

No need to be spending my hard earned tax money on an "investigation" Mr Police Office ! I can sum it up for you ...

Nasty horrible men broke into someones house. House owner of the aforementioned house "resolved" the matter.
END OF STORY

:)

i totally agree with you, but with too many do gooders in the world protecting the guilty lots of our tax money will be spent....

Dirty f***in scum bags breaking into someones house and although some people may disagree.....he deserved everything he got!! Good on the homeowner for protecting his property.

with you on this one

I agree that we should be able to protect our property, however the law isn't necissarily as agreeable...

In our conflict resolution training in work they distill the law down to:
  • If you can get away, you must get away
  • Must give opportunity for the aggressor to stop
  • Responce must be proportional to threat
  • If the danger is moving away your actions must stop
In this case, the guy being robbed couldn't really get away and the chance to give a warning doesn't always arise. However, if the knife was the householder's his responce may be deemed excessive. The same goes if there is more than one fatal stab wound to the burgler or if any of the knife wounds are to his back.

Protecting yourself and family is one thing, killing someone is another.

Death is a bit final.

I don't condone murder in any way but the simple facts are, if the toe rag wasn't breaking and entering he'd still be a live.

I personally believe you should have the right to protect your family and if 3 people entered my house wearing balaclavas I would instantly feel threatened, regardless of how handy you think you are. When against 3 you instinctively look for something to give you the advantage, kitchen = knife, bedroom = rounder’s bat :) I'd be knacked if I met them in the hallway though, don't think an unopened BT letter would do the trick.

If I remember, you can use a weapon 'to hand'. So if he was in the kitchen and grabbed a knife no problem. If he confronted the robbers at the front door and went away to get a knife, no so good.

I should also mention that AFAIK there has never been a successful prosecution of a legit case of self defence. The two cases that come to mind are the undercover police officer killed by Kenneth Noye and Tony Singh, the shop owner who stabbed and killed a robber a couple of years ago.

Why does it say he was protecting his house? Surely, not knowing the motives of these scumbags, he was protecting his and his families lives.

edit: sorry, I forgot about the human rights of the deceased man. It was his human right to be able to carry out this activity without fear of being killed. I bet the yuman rights lawyers are queuing up for this one.

/if only a few a**hole lawyers had this happen to them. Might change their minds about the ass backwards law ( though they'd probably still be baited with the cash and would take on the case of the fiend who had done it to them )

Last edited:
Running away to get backup or a knife/bat/gun. They should have run away when they first thought that it was o.k to break in.

Running away to get backup or a knife/bat/gun. They should have run away when they first thought that it was o.k to break in.
The one he killed wasn't going anywhere, as he was pinned by a booby trapped window. It doesn't matter if the one running away had intended on coming back with a tank, the law states immediate danger had passed...

That's why we have a justice system: the facts can be examined, weighed up, and a decision made based on the evidence.

Illegally owned shotgun and shot them in the back as they attempted to flea. Difficult to call it self defence when they are running away.

Good fooking shot if you ask me. The guy was a scab, they'd done his house over umpteen times. He deserved every pellet in the cartridge!!!!!!!!

Back