Against Time Bomb

Noobplan

Inactive User
Reaction score
So I read about the time bomb damaging the flash chips a while ago but was wondering what the best clones are as far as getting protection from something like this? I suppose the obvious answer is to make the flash chips user replaceable which I think happened in some Sunray clones and currently certain sellers(of Sunrays) on Alibaba are actually using the phrase "against time bomb" in their product listings. I suppose this item, located on the right edge of the mainboard is Sunray's magic ingredient? I'm not an electronics expert, what is it just flash on a pluggable board?

againstbomb.jpg

So what have/are other clone makers doing to protect buyers?

This is the daughter board that is used on the sunray clones.

attachment.php

It carries the flash nand chip.

sunray solo2 has no more image support regardless it is clone safe or has a protection against timebomb so what is good is solo2 lonrisun which getting more support by updating bootloader & new images with new kernal ,BUT u will have to stick to those clone safe images from their site

I agree Sunray doesn't, and never has really, have any support for VU+ boxes. Sunray's main support is the sim2 in dream multimedia boxes.

For continued support at least Lonrisun is bothering to release updated bootloaders to take later images, albeit clone-safe.

Surely as long as Sunray keep manufacturing their clones they will release updated images - even if they're not first to market?

Sunray haven't released any clone safe images. This maybe because until the recent kernel changes the sunray solo2 boxes ran original images without a problem and without fear of clone bomb.

The sunray support team don't have solo2 to work on a clone safe image or update bootloader. Sunray had mentioned it would give them a box but as yet haven't.

Sunray haven't released any clone safe images. This maybe because until the recent kernel changes the sunray solo2 boxes ran original images without a problem and without fear of clone bomb.

The sunray support team don't have solo2 to work on a clone safe image or update bootloader. Sunray had mentioned it would give them a box but as yet haven't.

Apparently Sunray engineers are aware of the problem, and will try to solve it.. when?? God knows!!!

Back