ADVICE - Updating 4.2 to 4.3 Softmodded Wii ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Have a softmodded wii that i done a while back with the softmod that required a game (before letterbomb).

I need to update it to 4.3e.

What is the process ?

Do i just update online and re softmod with letterbomb ??

Is that safe ? Or is there an easier way ??

Cheers

I softmodded mine with the LetterBomb method and it worked perfectly. Not sure about updating an already softmodded Wii. I wouldn't think there would be a problem of updating it, which might get rid of the soft mod, but then just using the Letterbomb method to softmod it again

It's my mates young daughters and she is insisting on playing a Just Dance game she had as a present (contains update) PLUS the HDD has died, so i thought i may as well redo it all.

**Not sure if it's just dance BUT is def a dancing game with update**

you wil need to update it as normal and re-softmod it mate. AFAIK there is no way of updating a softmod.

you wil need to update it as normal and re-softmod it mate. AFAIK there is no way of updating a softmod.

Cheers, just wanted to check before i updated it online.

That is not correct. You can perform a sys check and give the file to modmii which will work out what needs to be done. It is in the downloads.

However, starting afresh with Modmii is also easy. Fill in the details for current firmware and target firmware and follow the custom guide it creates for your selections. I wouldn't update through official means.

Don't forget priiloader settings.

That is not correct. You can perform a sys check and give the file to modmii which will work out what needs to be done. It is in the downloads.

However, starting afresh with Modmii is also easy. Fill in the details for current firmware and target firmware and follow the custom guide it creates for your selections. I wouldn't update through official means.

Don't forget priiloader settings.

I though you could update via offical means and it would just wipe the softmod ? Never used modmii before so will need to have a look at it

Official update will wipe everything. Modmii will create a safe update for you and overwrite everything it needs to. More than one way to skin a cat.

Well i updated wii online and went through Modmii to do a fresh install for 4.3e.

When i put the sd card in wii and turn on it goes straight to the screen with 4 options where you use reset button/power to navigate/back up nand etc ???

If i power up wii without sd card inserted, the insert card and go to messages i get a letterbomb icon that switches to a normal icon each time i move the cursor over it ???

If i select it i get just a blank screen ???

I thought it would wipe the softmod when updating BUT was not certain so came here to ask !!!!!!!

What software version are you on now? (Reason for asking is that if Priloader was configured properly, it should have blocked online/disc updates. If it didn't you need to do it properly this time.)

as abu say, no need for official update.

when you you use modmii it will ask which version the wii is on and what version you want it to end up as..

I have done an official update online now to 4.3.........

Where do i go from here as i am getting as i replied above ??

if you have done an online update, you will have to mod the console from scratch.

delete everything from your sd card (back it up if you want), run modmii, select first time mod on a 4.3 console.

That's what i have done, but get as i posted earlier ?

If i turn wii on with sd card in it boots straight to the screen where you back up nand via power/reset buttons.

If i boot wii as normal (configurable usb channel is till there ?) then insert sd card i get letterbomb showing BUT it switches from letterbomb to standard letter each time i 'hover' over the icon ?

When i select it i just get blank screen ??

rename the bootmii.elf file to summit else. that will stop it booting to boot mii on start up

have you done the letterbomb from scratch, put in the wii mac adress etc?

rename the bootmii.elf file to summit else. that will stop it booting to boot mii on start up

have you done the letterbomb from scratch, put in the wii mac adress etc?

Yes mate, all from scratch ???

The letterbomb shows but switches from normal letter to bomb each time i hover over it ?

In order for it to work must sd it be in wii when booting up ??

Are you following the guide modmii made for you? Links to videos are also contained.

Post it here so we can follow your steps.

Are you following the guide modmii made for you? Links to videos are also contained.

Post it here so we can follow your steps.

I can't even get letterbomb to work, so not even getting to guide part, have done others in the past and found it simple.

Back