iPhone Advice required for Jailbreak & Unlock please :)

Hi Kryton :)

Tried the sn0wbreeze way but keep getting error 3194 when restore has completed in Itunes, tried a couple of times and the same result.

those instructions was for preserving your baseband too, which you dont really need to do.
try sn0wbreeze again as in the video but just select simple mode this time and see if that helps.
delete the other file sn0wbreeze created so you dont get confused.
after sn0wbreeze had created the file it will go onto the next stage to put the phone into DFU mode and run ireb.
running ireb is important for the custom fw to be installed without errors

those instructions was for preserving your baseband too, which you dont really need to do.
try sn0wbreeze again as in the video but just select simple mode this time and see if that helps.
delete the other file sn0wbreeze created so you dont get confused.
after sn0wbreeze had created the file it will go onto the next stage to put the phone into DFU mode and run ireb.
running ireb is important for the custom fw to be installed without errors

Tried that way Kryton, and the tinyumbrella way to get around the 3194 error, but nothing is working as i still get the 3194 error, the only way i can get this working is using the
redsn0w file and booting up in "just boot tethered right now"

did you run tinyumbrella before starting itunes?

Hi kryton and thanks for all your help :)

The phone is finally sorted or at least it looks like it so far

I used sn0wbreeze & Tinyumbrella again, this time I did a fix recovery in Tinyumbrella first along with the other instructions it says to do for Cydia, that seemed to make a difference, then I followed your instructions about what to do in Sn0wbreeze to get the custom FW, run it through the Itunes restore and everything went as it should have done 24 hrs ago LOL

Downloaded utrasnow via Cydia and now the phones unlocked.

Many thanks for your patience, much appreciated, cheers!!

Pete

No problem mate
Glad you sorted it
Now you can add installous from Cydia then you can get all your apps for free

Last edited:
hi mate , you will know its updated your baseband by going into settings/General/about/modem firmware, if its updated correctly it should say 06.15.00 , if yes , and you have the 4.2.1 ipsw , then use the redsn0w to jailbreak

Back