advice please ?

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chaps,
I'm brand new to sat but been in to cable for a few years and know my way round a dream hence posting in this room.

I need some advice please I have a disabled uncle who lives about a 100 miles from me who is in to Sat tv.

He has 2 setups an old sky box that he has a sub on and a manhattan receiver pointing at hotbird.

What i would like to do is replace both receivers with 1 , a dream if possible as I know them and have both sat feeds in to the box so he can switch between the 2 easily and also get him set up on card sharing so he can get a few extra channels.

Can anyone offer any pointers please especially if dream is the way to go or not
Any help would be appreciated and an idiots guide would be a bonus

Cheers

Last edited:
you could use a dreambox and a 2 way diseqc switch to select between the 2 satellites, his sly card will work in the dream with the right cam installed, but he will lose the handy sky epg though

So I could use a 500s and switch the feeds , cheaper than getting a dual tuner box...

I know there are lots of images out there and it's down to personal preference , can u recommend one that is easy to use and set up bearing in mind i live a 2 hr drive away and can't pop round when he gets probs ?

Cheers Digi

the thing with a dreambox is that youre going to get problems at some point

cheers mate I will keep reading

One last Q , would a Technomate be any better then ?

If so could u recommend a model that would support card sharing ?

Thanks again Digi

Last edited:
the new 6800 or 6900 supers support being a client m8, nice and very user friendly, also have HD but are about 300 quid

but a lot simpler to keep up to date, needing just a usb stick to transfer new firmwares or keys

Back