advice kitchen splash back what colour ?

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Need a bit advice on what colour splash back to get with my kitchen units and what colour to paint the walls the units are cream the worktop is plain jet black no speckales

heres a pic of the kitchen plan but the blue wall paint has got to go

also should I get splash back all over are just above the cooker

floor tiles are going to be really dark grey slate affect

Last edited:
How about a stainless steel splashback with white Acrylic paint or white Eggshell paint on the walls.

just depends how bright you want kitchen to be but with a dark floor and worktop think white or linen would do the job.

1162545831179.jpg

What about black glass splashbacks and just take the bit at your cooker full height!

This is mine,

How about alternate black and white tiles ?

Seriously though I'd stick with same as the worktop and paint the walls cream (magnolia or gardinia etc) but use vynil silk or eggshell so it can be wiped down and not matt.

Curly

cheers lads great ideas there /

think your right about about the paint RAB P like the look of the linen you suggest are even nice white

and thanks for the picture of that black splash back showders looks the dog bollox think I might go for that as Ive got the shiny black bench with no pattern think Ive got a plan going now

will post some pics over the next 3 days hope It comes out ok cheers lads :proud: thinking on the mix of tiles curly might have a tester with a few see what its like at least I have some ideas now

Last edited:
wow i was just trying to decide the same thing
but now i seen the example of black splash its a no no for me
need to find something differant
suggestions??
ignore the crap every where lol

Thanks for the input on the colours lads I have went with white today and it looks really fresh heres a few pics of my progress should be finished by next friday wish I hadnt started now lol its a lot of work more then you think.

DEEK the nice white wall and the yellow radiator how embarrising lol

Last edited:
Splashback...SPLASHBACK is it?

Years ago we had to have the kitchen redone through the insurance due to a fire (I had designed and built the thing a year earlier).

Anyway, Wyatt Earp and the rest of his feckin cowboy unit were taking their sweet time fixing it up again.

We were given another house to stay in while they were working on it.

I walked in on them finishing off the kitchen, and noticed a few silver dots along the length of the splashback, I had a closer look and found that the doofus had nailed the bl00dy thing to the wall.

He said that he couldn't really fit it right, and that's the only way he could attach it to the wall.

I went apesh1t and basically told the gaffer that if that reprobate ever appeared in my house again, I would nail HIM to the wall...bl00dy chancer.

Splashback...SPLASHBACK is it?

Years ago we had to have the kitchen redone through the insurance due to a fire (I had designed and built the thing a year earlier).

Anyway, Wyatt Earp and the rest of his feckin cowboy unit were taking their sweet time fixing it up again.

We were given another house to stay in while they were working on it.

I walked in on them finishing off the kitchen, and noticed a few silver dots along the length of the splashback, I had a closer look and found that the doofus had nailed the bl00dy thing to the wall.

He said that he couldn't really fit it right, and that's the only way he could attach it to the wall.

I went apesh1t and basically told the gaffer that if that reprobate ever appeared in my house again, I would nail HIM to the wall...bl00dy chancer.

lol yeh ive seen a few nails in my time however im helping the lad fit and finish seedy only plugs and screws used think im gonna knock the splashback on the head and finish of with wall tiles m8 old way is the best way ive decided glad people suggested a light colour though the white just looks fresh will finish painting tommoraz

think im gonna knock the splashback on the head and finish of with wall tiles m8 old way is the best way

Tiles are OK as well m8.

Even bog-standard white tiles are OK, you don't need to fit them one above the other.

Fitting the bottom tiles at a 45 degree angle and building them up from there looks a lot better than the normal way of placing them.

45tile.gif

This takes me back as i was a kitchen cad planner for 3yrs.
The tile option sounds good if the worktops are high gloss as high gloss splash backs have a nasty habit of cracking after a couple of years.

When he seals the gap between the tiles and worktop, make sure he runs tape along the full length as any spillage may damage the worktop.

You could always get some tips from that holiday your going on lizard.

Nice!

cell2.JPG

This takes me back as i was a kitchen cad planner for 3yrs.
The tile option sounds good if the worktops are high gloss as high gloss splash backs have a nasty habit of cracking after a couple of years.

When he seals the gap between the tiles and worktop, make sure he runs tape along the full length as any spillage may damage the worktop.

CHEERS FOR THE ADVICED hoppy ive tiled before in my youngers days so im going to do it my self nice and slow relaxing tiling is all about patience and keeping nice and tidy hope i havent lost my touch lol

You could always get some tips from that holiday your going on lizard.

Nice!

cell2.JPG

ARE ffs mozr I had forgot about that for a second lol never mind Even if im found guilty im looking at 9 month max that 20 weeks of peace away from the misses so I will just have to do it.

I never belived there were innocent people in prison when I done my last stint 11 year ago ? Now I have an open mind , ah maybe I might be able to help out in pc classes are sommick could be a good learning curve everything happens for a reason in life that,s my moto

Back