ADVICE - any techno 9100 owners?

logic_187

Inactive User
Reaction score
After a quick conversation with @Krazylegs i'm now considering leaving my echostar and moving to a linux based reciever. I was going to go for the dreambox 500s but then @devilfish posted about the 9100 on @krazy dm500s post.......... and i started to read about the technomate 9100 and the possibilities it can provide especially the PVR functionality.

I have read threads on another forum that the reliabilty of the image isnt too great at the moment (not much support at the moment)......it locks up etc......have any 9100 owners experienced this? are the problems bareable? are there any other problems?

also i see there is a super version comes with sdram does the standard 9100 have a slot for the sdram? which i can add myself?

please advise........

info on both 9100 models can be found here

[DLMURL]http://www.technomate.com/products2.php[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
@ dave

ive already checked there........but it doesnt answer my questions....someone must be using the 9100 reciever.....

I didn't realise there were two models does anyone know what the super costs?

Aah the wonders of google, its £149.

Last edited:
The tm9100 does not have ram slots and you are not able to upgrade ram in them yourself.
Apart from that i'll let owners say their views, although I would point out that the pvr function seems to be very limited on these box's.

The 9100 is excellent for the price you pay, I got mine for £109 compared to the dreambox 7020 for about £320. But you're not just paying for the box, you're paying for the support as well. There is far more support for the dreambox and the images are far more advanced and more stable than the 9100 images.

PVR - record and playback (play, rw, ff, etc) but no pause live tv options on the 9100 where are this is available on the dreambox.

My 9100 is not as stable as any dreambox that I've had. It freezes sometimes and reboots on it's own. Some say that's caused by low signal, others say there's a rouge file in there somewhere that it doesn't like. Others have no freexing problems and theirs runs sweet.

There are only 2 types of image that you can flash to the box. You can add an SD memory card and use this for multiboot. Multiboot is installing the images to the memory card instead of the flash. There are slightly more images that are designed for the TGS-100 receivers that will work when installed in multiboot but it's not straight forward installing multiboot either...but possible. With the 9100 being a resonably new receiver, many of the tools and programs are experimental. You need to have some linux knowledge to get round these receivers but it's not hard, I didn't have any past experience before I got a dbox2, then a dm500, then a dm7000 and now the TM-9100 so you will pick it up.

If you're looking for a stable receiver without any problems, i.e. flash an image, scan for sats, watch tv, without any hickups, then probably get a dreambox or a TM-1500. If you like messing about with the receiver, i.e. trying new images, fooking it up and fixing it lol then you will love the 9100.

Hope this helps. :)

cheers @devil...i dont mind a bit of messing around (i know a bit or 2 about linux and unix ;) ) or the box giving me a little bit of grief...but dont really want it to reboot and freeze regulary....what sort of frequency you looking at Devil?

Well it has got better to be honest. Doesn't reboot or freeze when you're watching stuff, just if you're flicking through or messing with stuff, generally being too fast with the remote.

ahhhh ....youve twisted my arm.......LOL.....i hope theres going to be some good support for these babies.....its just a bit suspect that its so cheap!!

hopefully it will fit into my omnisat (seperate positioner) setup

Last edited:
ahhhh ....youve twisted my arm.......LOL.....i hope theres going to be some good support for these babies.....its just a bit suspect that its so cheap!!

hopefully it will fit into my omnisat (seperate positioner) setup

The TM9100 is a very good unit and the images are getting better and better the most stable 1 i have found is the UR9.00beta at the moment, the new DS32v2 still as some bugs, switches its self back on from standby plus a few more.

But i do suggest you read all that you can find on them, this week there as been a few dead units by experienced users on another board and only a jtag brings them back to life.

You can also use iboot and run images from an sd card which is recomended, put a late image in the flash then any image/s you want on the sd card, this will also save messing the flash up.

Back