Software adverts from sites i've been on

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
Did a fresh install of win7 few days ago and i've noticed that if i look at something on amazon etc i get adverts for said items on various site later.
probably a cookie or could it be something more nasty has i never noticed it before formating but put back same virus/spyware program's as before but it's making me paranoid now lol.

Probably just down to tracking cookies.

To prevent this, I use the Do Not Track Me and AdBlock Plus plug-ins for Firefox.

If you are worried, just give the once over with Malware bytes.

Cheers guys.thinking about it firefox is a fresh install so not added any addon yet which stopped it before

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Consider NoScript for Firefox. It gets in the way a bit at first but you can see exactly where you're being bounced off to!

If using Facebook, FB Purity removes pretty much all the crap and also allows some tailoring as it intercepts CSS.

Cheers guys.thinking about it firefox is a fresh install so not added any addon yet which stopped it before

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I use spybot in addition to the above, to "immunize" Firefox after a fresh install.

Doesn't find much on scans these days (maybe the others are effective) but that bit still seems to work.

Thanks guys, ive installed do not track me, add block and no script but now i have to move pointer to top of screen for the menu bar to drop down.
any ideas which one's setting it is cus i can't find it.

sorted guys, was on full screen mode

Last edited:
Back