Win 10 Microsoft's taking on malicious adware at the system level in Windows 10

alimac

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Microsoft is expanding its efforts to improve security in Windows 10, with its latest move set to adjust its Adware objective criteria to address the rising concerns over man-in-the-middle techniques being used to serve ads. From Microsoft:

Essentially, Microsoft's renewed focus is meant to address precisely the problems inherent in Lenovo's "SuperFish" debacle from earlier this year by restricting the serving of ads to the browser only, cutting off OS-level methods. This should have the ultimate benefit, alongside other improvements in Windows 10 and Microsoft's overall ecosystem approach, of making Windows much more secure overall.

Enforcement of the new criteria is set to start on March 31, 2016.

Laughable

Now if they would only find a way to stop that untrustworthy company, sorry can't think of its name, that keeps using nagging, and sneakiness to try and get me to upgrade Windows 7 to that Win10 thing.

installing windows 10 is like getting a dose of superfish , Not everyone owns a Lenovo and there not the 1st pc vendor to put adware in cheap computers compaq done it before years ago so there idea was not even original . You get what you pay for . Windows 10 is packed full of adware/spyware and it has the potential to effect billions of people. i see it as a far worse problem than superfish. The irony a product full of adware protecting you from adware .

Even people who have windows 7 or 8.1 if they install any update to do with windows 10 it infects them with adware too.

I use windows 10 and I have used destroy windows 10 spying and remove EDGE.exe and I dont suffer any problems, with adware.My security is taken care of with spybot search and destroy and malwarebytes

Back