acer revo helpppppppp

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
right guys, heres the story, acer revo 3600 installed with win7, installed xbmc live to a new partition on hard drive so it would dual boot, realised i didnt like it, so deleted the partition what xbmc had created, only to restart and get the grub rescue page at startup, got rid of that somehow, then made a windows 7 bootable usb to put a clean install of windows back on, changed bios to removable media, and i can get to the installation page, but wont go no further, i also formatted the partitions from here out of frustration when nothing else would work, lol, so basically im stuck with no os, and its saying i cant install the os.

on the screen at the moment when i select boot from hdd, it says, reboot and select proper boot device, or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

dont know where to go from here, they recovery partition is still intact but dont know how to access it from the bios page, if possible, so im stuck at this moment, need your help and guidance, hope someone can help!

what happens with the installation - why won't it go any further? I've found sometimes installing from USB it's really slow - is the USB stick LED flashing still indicating activity?

tune on the recovery partition on the bios first ....

then restart lappy , press ALT and F10 on boot up screen and see if you still can get back into your recovery partition....

hope that helps m8 ....

iv looked for that mate but cant seem to find anything in the bios saying that! and iv also tried pressing alt f10 but no good

just tried repairing again and this is what comes up, it still shows my windows 7 partition even though iv just formatted the drive, lol

IMG_0491.JPG

this is the screen i now get when no usb is inserted, just booting up

IMG_0492.JPG

Last edited:
I would suggest you format the drive with partition manager software (Easeus and Paragon have free versions) or else take the drive out attach to usb caddy and use laptop or other pc to format drive return drive to Revo - then start your o/s installation again.

well iv managed to get it going again, dont ask me how because i dont know, lol, tried and tried booting it from 3 different flash drives, formatting hard drives, changing bios crap, finally it took the install and all is looking well, didnt do anything i hadnt tried before though so was weird, but im just happy its back on, means i can watch a couple of films in bed tonight, ahhhhhhh, thanks for the help guys!

agree with reggie

if you had selected on your first picture disk options (advanced) you will have been able to delete both partitions and start again properly win7 makes the 100M partition you have no choice.

glad u up and running

agree with reggie

if you had selected on your first picture disk options (advanced) you will have been able to delete both partitions and start again properly win7 makes the 100M partition you have no choice.

glad u up and running
i done that though mate dont know how many times, anyway im over it now, its back up and going, had my life for 2 days though!

Back