Acer R1600 overclocking

chris53825

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just purchased an Acer R1600 and would like to overclock it. Through Google searching, it appears many have successfully done so, but I can't find any solid guidance for this unit. Has anyone had any luck?

Thanks.

Who wud like overclock something like that :Chainsaw::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:
This peace will die without any overclock in 6-12 month if u want speed up its death u can try to do it.

If u want to overclock buy a proper PC

I'm trying to do the same thing...

Are you able to watch flash with it?? I try watching youtube with Chrome and it's constantly dropping frames and not smooth at all. I know it's mainly flash but, it doesn't seem like the GPU is doing it's job since the CPU is constantly pegging high. Hulu is even worse...

Have you had any luck with these??

I'm running Win7 x64 btw

I've got the Acer RL100 with Win7 Home x64, I've doubled the RAM and installed a hybrid HDD and .flv playback is fine. However, 720p .mkv and 1080p BD playback can still be stuttery.

These are ATOM based PCs - like netbooks, but without the screen. They're not intended to be overclocked - the factory fitted cooling will be designed for stock speeds only. The aftermarket cooling is limited to self-build, and will likely require case modification.

I have an HP mini 311 with an ATOM 1.66 ghz CPU and Nvidia Ion 256mb graphics card which I just successfully overclocked to 1.95 ghz using OC Tuner. I also pumped the GPU from 400 to 550 mhz using the Nvidia control panel. Much better at loading programs and video play back now. Not sure how much life it takes of the system but others have reported good outcomes. Can be done

Back