Acer One Notebook - £150 Asda

Looks like all my local stores are out... Would love to get my hands on on one, if anyone can get hold of one and wouldnt mind posting it give me a shout and il cover the postage.

Thanks bilabonic, just A1CTL, much more settings than AA1.

Upgraded ram to 1024mb, had a 512mb stick lying around.

This machine just seems will quick for what it is. Doubt that i'll be using my Acer 5920 much anymore :)

second part, back up and running now. i am download it now
Working again but v.slowly. Must be in high demand! Just ordered the RAM, cheers for the link bilabonic.
I bought 3 Acer One's, first two were 160GB and went to family members, so I kept the 3rd thinking it would be 160GB aswell. It wasn't :( :Chainsaw: Anyway, i guess it is more than enough for what it is.

Last edited:
Finally found one!!

Just installed windows 7 on it! Ordered some ram. Gonna have fun with this little beast :)

Finally found one!!

Just installed windows 7 on it! Ordered some ram. Gonna have fun with this little beast :)

How well does windows 7 work on it? As its only got 8mb gfx.

How about drivers? Did you use Acers xp drivers?

This is a Great Little Machine if you fancy playing around with a few different OS's.

Came with linux, Run's XP fine, XBMC Live USB runs ok 2gb Flash Drive needs a tweak for wifi (Investigating further), BackTrack 3 Live USB 2.5 external 10gb HDD Loads n runs fine need to understand all the programs in Backtrack n Tweak (Investigating Further) and Mac OSX 10.5.5 still to play with n Dual Boot with XP.

All my local stores no Stock Left and I'm not surprised. lol

How well does windows 7 work on it? As its only got 8mb gfx.

How about drivers? Did you use Acers xp drivers?

Seems fine at the moment, installed all the drivers itself. Just gonna do a "Windows Experience" test to see how it rates.

Edit: Stock machine, no extra ram (yet) got the following 4 me...

Processor 2.2
Memory (Ram) 2.0
Graphics 2.2
Gaming Graphics 2.7
Primary hard disk (160GB) 5.5

So more ram should boost it a bit.

Last edited:
Finally got one after trailing round all the asda' in the manchester area.....got last one from my local store lmao

Seems fine at the moment, installed all the drivers itself. Just gonna do a "Windows Experience" test to see how it rates.

Edit: Stock machine, no extra ram (yet) got the following 4 me...

Processor 2.2
Memory (Ram) 2.0
Graphics 2.2
Gaming Graphics 2.7
Primary hard disk (160GB) 5.5

So more ram should boost it a bit.

Installed windows 7, found that you need to hunt around for latest wifi driver to get it to work 100%. In the end I removed it becuase I could find any virtual cd software that worked correctly on windows 7.

Back to xp for now.

hi all

just got one asda morley they reckon they have 4 left if ne1 is interested,now to install windows

kook

Would i be able to buy a cheap cd-rom drive to install xp as i think the usb stick method is a little beyond me:FRIGHT:

I thought about getting one as i saw this deal on another forum. But then Im thinking my Omnia does the net good enough. Still in 2 minds. Also a case of persuading my wife!

Would i be able to buy a cheap cd-rom drive to install xp as i think the usb stick method is a little beyond me:FRIGHT:

You can get a usb to ide/sata lead. They also do a power supply so that you could use an old cd drive out of a pc.

Something along these lines m8

I'm sure I've seen a complete kit on the bay for under a tenner.

USB 2.0 to IDE hard disk CD/DVD-Rom 2.5 3.5 HDD Cable

Curly

I installed OS via an IDE DVD Drive which I connected to an old external USB IDE HDD case, not pretty but it worked fine.

You can get a usb to ide/sata lead. They also do a power supply so that you could use an old cd drive out of a pc.

Something along these lines m8

I'm sure I've seen a complete kit on the bay for under a tenner.

USB 2.0 to IDE hard disk CD/DVD-Rom 2.5 3.5 HDD Cable

Curly
Cheers Curly, so i can just buy that cable you linked to and use the cd/dvd drive in my pc,obvously disconnect it from the pc but still use the pc psu to power it?

Back