Acer Aspire 4810T white screen

ms2005

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have an Acer Aspire 4810T but it has started giving me a white screen when I turn it on.Solid white, nothing more nothing less.

I googled and it said dead inverter. Then it said give it a go on an external monitor so I tried via HDMI and it works fine so I took it apart and it doesn't have an inverter. Should have known from the HD LED LCD it says on the front.

Well, there is only one cable to the board attcahed to the bottom of the screen which is attached to the screen with two yellow strips of very thin plastic, I fail to see how I could ever replace that.

Is it repairable? I don't really know what I am talking about so the above could be utter rubbish.

From the laptop I have one cable which goes into a gold think attachement on the screen.

It's only 18 months old so I am going to be really cheesed if it has died.

Cheers in advance

OK, so I have read around some more and some folk are saying it's a semi known MOBO issue on Acer laptops. Am I right in thinking if it werethe MOBO then I would not be able to connect via HDMI so it must be the screen?

sounds similar to the dell mini10 i have same problem plugged in to a external and was working so checked online said inverter put when i stripped it down found out there was no inverter,so i thought it was the screen cable changed that same problem so got a new screen and that done the job...

so if i where you id buy a screen.....

Thanks for the post, my only reservation about a new screen is that, right now, it's working perfectly. It's delicate, i can't chuck it around, but it does work so I'm leaning towards a loose connection someplace

Back