Access database

Hang on I may of sussed it ;)

Think the macro is sorted but cant see the field variables for increasing the text.

If you go into the table section of the objects browser. Go into design view for your data table and you should find a range of options to tweak in there including Char length (or something on those lines).

Ok been running this database for a few months now and it has highlighted a few things that need to be altered if anyone is up for it ;)

It may be better to start a fresh than alter the original.

I would like drop downs in certain feilds to try and limit everyone to using the same type of information to make it easier to break down when searching also would it be possible to do a macro for the search options from the main page ?

I have quickly knocked up the basic's before I head off to work, can someone have a play for me please ;)

File zipped with winrar :)

Just thinking I should of also added a drop down for zones, this should consist of DS,T1,T2,T3,C1,C2,C3,FL cheers

Last edited:
Might have missed the point here but i got rather bored eariler

The App updates the access file,

Its not very well finished tho

OK, am a little bit hung over at the moment, so please bear with me.

What exactly do you need to happen with this at the moment? Do you simply need to add some extra functionality to an existing form, or do you need to start over with a new one?

There's an extra field and a few boxes need drop down options to input. The date format should be fixed so they have to follow the same format for each input as well ;)

There is a very basis one done here but I'd also like a search function (makro) from the front end menu as well.

Messed on for a bit, would like it to open to a front end form with options for viewing adding or searching database.

Would it be possible to import data from the previous form or not ? I know the fields are different so not worried if I can't.

Cheers

Ian

Okay.

First things first.

1) To get a form to open on start
- Tools – Startup – Display Form/Page (select from this drop down box)
2) Have tidied up the front form in the form properties (hope you like the look)
- Border Style = Thin
- Auto Center = Yes
- Scroll Bars = Neither
- Navigation Buttons = No
- Record Selectors = No
- Auto Resize = Yes
- View – Turned off Form Header/Footer
- Have also reduced down the window sizes so that just the picture is shown
3) I have added a text box on the front screen to input a date field (this will be for search purposes)
4) In your break table I have added a format and input mask to the date field (have also done this for the Date field in the Break Form)
5) I have also created a Macro “Openforms”, this is made up of 3 elements:
- Addrec (The New Record button is set to run this macro)
i. Add record macro that just opens a clean form for a new record
- BrowseRec (The Browse Record button is set to run this macro)
i. This just opens all records in edit mode
- FindDate (The small button next to Date field on main page is set to run this macro)
i. This opens the break form with a condition that the Date in the break table = the date on the front form. The code for this is “[break]![Date]=[Forms]![break front form]![Text3]”

Obviously you may want to vary or add more search conditions so all you would need to do is replicate the work done for the find date macro (changing the relevant Field from Date and to the relevant text box from Text3.

Let me know how you get on and if you need anything else.

Cheers Mate, I'll give it a test run ;) I think I will play with the search function and add some more fields.

Thanks for your help and guidance I can now use your instructions to play about further and maybe learn some more :)

How do I change what the macro opens mate ? The browse Records I would like to open a different form format. I can create the form fine just a wee bit unsure on how to alter the macro. Can't see an edit as such.

Cheers.

Back