Absinthe

ekwat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Something I've never tried but fancy a go at sometime. Who's tried it and what did you think? Was it just like alcohol or was there something extra?

Any booze which causes the imbiber to cut off their ear gets my vote.

Charles Baudelaire, Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Amedeo Modigliani, Vincent van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Aleister Crowley, and Alfred Jarry were all notorious 'bad men' of that day who were (or were thought to be) devotees of the Green Fairy (Absinthe).

I've always meant to grab a btl on one of my many trips to Amsterdam, but have always forgotten to.

I'll make sure I get one next time around :)

Any booze which causes the imbiber to cut off their ear gets my vote.

Charles Baudelaire, Paul Verlaine, Arthur Rimbaud, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Amedeo Modigliani, Vincent van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Aleister Crowley, and Alfred Jarry were all notorious 'bad men' of that day who were (or were thought to be) devotees of the Green Fairy (Absinthe).

I've always meant to grab a btl on one of my many trips to Amsterdam, but have always forgotten to.

How the hell did you manage typing that? I'm struggling with single sentences at the moment. Maybe you need some Asda vodka :)

Although, to be fair, if I was in Amsterdam there would be only one thing on my mind ( and not the copious quantites of quad penetration ladies ).

Last edited:
Tomorrow is a very sad day for us who like this beautyful country, his cheese, his mills, his tulips, etc... Indeed, the governement has decided to limit the selling of the specialities to 3 grams, and restrict it to the natives. The only way to pay will be a dutch credit card...:Cry:

About the absinth, in France, you can easily find bottles in supermarkets, but it's impossible to have the original recipe. The quantity of the active component is limited. You just have the alcohol and the taste (very bad)

Here's a swiss site where you can order (it's very expensive)

tried some in the studen union during my younger days, it was limited to 2 shots per night and that was plenty as we always ended up a mess. Every time i drank it there i cant remeber getting home. Also drank it on holiday with mates as it does get you very drunk very quickly.

They sell it in the supermarkets over here...I bought a bottle a few weeks ago for a party I had...it is like alcohol there was nothing extra that I noticed.

I might have an other go later:proud:
View attachment 48295

Since they took the wormwood out it *is* just alcohol. Nuffin 2 c here move along....

They sell it in the supermarkets over here...I bought a bottle a few weeks ago for a party I had...it is like alcohol there was nothing extra that I noticed.

That's because it's cod absinthe. Like most of the stuff on sale nowadays.

Since they took the wormwood out it *is* just alcohol. Nuffin 2 c here move along....

You can still get real absinthe. If you're prepared to pay for it.

Absinth - Buy Absinthe Online, Thujone, Wormwood & Absinthe Green Fairy

Since they took the wormwood out it *is* just alcohol.

That's because it's cod absinthe. Like most of the stuff on sale nowadays.
You can still get real absinthe. If you're prepared to pay for it.

I watched a TV program about absinthe having strange effects on people, that explains why it was a let down.

there's a shop in the metro centre (gateshead) in the mediterean (sp?) village that sells a few different types of the proper imported stuff. Look at least spending £45 for the decent stuff. cheaper stuff still kicks your face off but has a horrible after taste and isn't pleasant. The good stuff makes your whole head heat up and buzz and almost makes you trip.

we'd always do a couple of shots before a clubbing night out just to kick us over the edge. it's fcuking great stuff

I love the stuff. Have 2 bottles at home. Both bought from the continent. I have black absinthe which is 75% proof or something, and then I have green absinthe which is 45% proof.

Jolly green giant cocktails we used to drink, couple of them and it was hard to remember your name.

a couple of years ago when i lived in sheffield i was bought a bottle of the real stuff back from abroad by my then girlfriends parents

never touched it till i had a really bad arguement with the mrs,i then proceeded to drink the whole bottle in 2 hours-no wierd effects other than being bed ridden for a week and feeling hungover for 2 weeks

i really liked the taste of it,but it obviously didnt like me

Last time i drank Absinthe i ended up in a cell.

:Doc:

I've got a couple of bottles tucked away for a rainy day(or nuclear war). Both contain thujone. One is 75% and the other 85%.

is this the stuff u mean i got this in greece says 160proof 80%

it is bloody strong never had to much
takes ur breath away

Back