Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

about to bin my dbox2

mdt

Inactive User
im sorry for starting another thread but ive been messing with my dbox2 for 6 hours now with no joy. haveing lent my dbox2 to my ex for a week while i sorted here sv2 it has come back with no channels on it.im using sportster 1.37 img and i have done a fast and deep scan and it finds the txp,s and channels but when the scan finishes instead of storeing the channels it says channels not found please load xml bouquets ect. there is nothing wrong with my feed as my sv1 works fine. i have a new complete img with keys/roms in it and i have a null-modem cable but no cross over lan cable. can i re-flash my box? why isnt the box storing the channels. i have already tried to sort it once but ended up f***ing my pc net connection up so i had to system restore my pc. i have flashed a dozen dm500s/c boxes and ftp files and roms with the dream-up and so on but this seems a bloody nightmare and takes me back to when i was trying to flash a dm500 for the first time." you think you know it all but in reality you know nothing":Yikes:

Hi ye you can reflash box with flash fxp im using the new virgin+ image its quite good try it!

Hey

Use IFA as already stated using your null modem cable, that should d the trick there. as for screwing up you network connection I dont understand why your messing with the settings there anyway if you only have a null modem cable and not a cross over. however if you were to get hold of a cross over cable all you need to do settings wise is give it a temp ip address and subnet and default gateway oh and the dns but all that can be set back to obtain automatically after your done.

the username and password for the ftp is normally username - root password - dbox if you do end up needing them.

personally I would use LHC or the commando image but of course this is your choice

:)

remember when flashing check you have the right image
nokias are x2 images where as sagems are x1 and x2 images

take lid offand looking at it from the back the chips are on the right hand side or you might be able to see with small torch through vents
if you got null modem cable you will be able to reflash again even if you put 2x on a 1x image

thanks.

i think i have only 1 chip.

do you need a null modem cable?

ive tried connecting using a cross over cable to my wireless router, setting the ip adresses, and using IE, it comes up with password screen, but everytime i fill it in , root then dbox, it comes back up blank?

i cant connect to my box, using Fxp, it goes through the process, connects to box asks for password then says" incorrect log in"

could the password have been changed, and how will i get round it?

i cant connect to my box, using Fxp, it goes through the process, connects to box asks for password then says" incorrect log in"

could the password have been changed, and how will i get round it?

Maybe this should be moved to a new thread so that we can help and things don't start to get confused for the original thread.

But the simple answer is yes it could have been changed.

Back