A86 improved success !!!

no my work ......credit to TBC.....here's a pic of the pot mod....:)

Last edited:
When using that chip you MUST have the POT MOD done also !!!!

not accurate, this is a common buffer used in all the designs. a different components there will not cause a major problem such as the one shown in this thread.

regards tbc.

getting a bit lost now...I think I will just invest in a t911 unlooper....

what dipswitch is supposed to be on? also...if i have number 2 on it gets an error after the second or 3rd delay...I had the 1st one down and the script was running for 2 hrs plus but no result...any Ideas how long it takes!?

Atmel flashed with 11x flash for BOD unlock is that right?

joe

@ TBC I personally have not tried it without the pot but from memory I think you reported that without the pot the vcc just plummet until you get the time out..

does anyone have a good schematic diagram on how to fit pot...the one attached above was a bit hit & miss..

@ TBC I personally have not tried it without the pot but from memory I think you reported that without the pot the vcc just plummet until you get the time out..

74HCT04N is the IC 1, this is the hex buffer assosciated with the crystal to give the primary frequency 18.432mhz.
The part you are referring to is the IC3 74HCT/HC00N as opposed the ST74HC00N normally fitted. this device is used to enable the glitch clock frequency selected i.e dip 1 through 4 when the atmel sends the clock glitch enable bit high. The resulting clock glitch to be effective needs to fall on the back heel of the trailing edge of the card clock high just as it swicthes low. Discrepency on the timing here when using the ST chip is what makes a pot uneccessary on the as is ubomb, however a much more versatile arrangement is to fit the pot and narrow this discrepency then alter the card overal load impedance using the pot. This creates a more effective glitch obviosly there is still the delays on the 4053's to consider thats were the 4619's come into the game. There are few points the card can be glitched from in the pre random delay range we assosciate with bod and a86 revisions so we either get a hit there or we run through and possibly loop the card lol.

regards tbc

Last edited:
yes everything flashed ok....got the philips semi conductor 74HCT04N onboard...do you think I should replace this...is there any onther mod I should do to the Ubomb...Its got 5 wires, Cut Tracks and a 2K2 Resistor..

Joe!

Appologies Joeblow Misread the chip you mentioned..........

TBC I stand corrected :angelwing

does anyone have a good schematic diagram on how to fit pot...the one attached above was a bit hit & miss..

hit and miss .....the diagram was what you asked for and a good one at that ..????...hit and miss... lol.....:)

I cant see where to second leg goes on the pot...does it go onto the link??
the arrow points to the link but not directly on it?

joebow

Last edited:
i begin to see why wonko sk and others just ain't really interested ! LMFAO.

dude do you see anything else there to connect it to.??????????????:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

ok i'm sorry i am laughing but come on maybe its time to get a funcard programmer a jtag or led simm and have a good old read around the place.

Last edited:
lol , ive got the philips 74hct00 in ic3 and a pair of max4619 in my ubomb aswell as the pot , ive tried numerous psu's and still get very few resets , guess its just time to wait and see what my blue nexus is like when it arrives

PIJ

having said all that im now getting over 20 reset per delay on b0d cards

Last edited:
lol , ive got the philips 74hct00 in ic3 and a pair of max4619 in my ubomb aswell as the pot , ive tried numerous psu's and still get very few resets , guess its just time to wait and see what my blue nexus is like when it arrives

PIJ

having said all that im now getting over 20 reset per delay on b0d cards

well we can't have all the alterations made that easy can we lol

Orange nexus

I have been trying to unlock a a86 for a while now with no success but i only have a orange nexus and i know it is hit and miss and i might kill the card can anybody let me know if there is any mod for the nexus or does it only work with the ubomb i have had a look at my nexus and all the chips are philips type (see attached pic) would it help if i changed the 74hc4053m chips for MAX4619

View attachment 20108

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:
does any1 know if there is anywere that sell the ubomb with the mod done already?? would lov to play with it :)

Back