A86 improved success !!!

ByteMaster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Using a 12v switching psu from a video games machine I have had great results today on some a86's that i just could not open and thought were looped.Modded KT aka UBomb
Pics and logs attached....

cheers for the pics m8 must try this method ....how long did they take to glitch . any chance of the 86 script you used please...:) ....:Clap:

Times are built in to the script as ypou will see but all unde 5 minutes.
Script is the same as whats available to download with a few modifications to suite my setup only...

under 5 mins sounds good .... iam running one taking ages but on a 9v supply time to change to 12v...... thanks

I have got a u bomb what modifications have you made to the script to make it work as I have had no success

No real mods to the script other than delays rom checks and times to glitch.These are of no benefit to the script but are of use to me for testing....

The ubomb must be modded to get these achievable results....
I would suggest following all of Two Beer Cans aka TBC posts regarding the mods to the ubomb,as I have been doing....

right set up with a 12v feed got a modified 86 script and done the pot fix still no joy .....looking at twobeercans ubomb pot fix pic there a part that says that i.c.3 must be replaced for a phillips 74hct00 ...did you replace the ic3 bytemaster..as mines got the ST 74HCT00 and were did you put your 12v feed ...was it after the rectifier or before...thanks to any one that can help.....:)

i have a t911 nexus do i have to flash that with dl13 to unlock a rom10 a86

You can flash it with d13 but you will need to alter your script also !!!!
Glitch type """"9""""" max

i just keep getting time outs with the d13 script.. on t911... will run all day long with the d11x.. anyone no why i'm timing out with d13?

i just keep getting time outs with the d13 script.. on t911... will run all day long with the d11x.. anyone no why i'm timing out with d13?

I'd guess that your hardware is just not hitting the sweet spot !

The problem could be anything from power supply to simply having a set of components on your glitcher which doesn't quite give you the correct timing for this particular job. This isn't necessarily indicative of a problem with your particular glitcher - it was simply never designed to do what you are attempting to do with it so some work and some dont !

pretty much bang on explination nozzer.

since the clocks are divided down from a single crystal the different frequecies required 18.432,9.216 and 4.608 are routed through different numbers of digital gates. the downside is that if the gates are not chosen precisely enough for the job then the clock is out of phase across the 3 ranges by multiples of the gates propogation delays, this can cause a huge difference in the efectiveness of the glitch types. this can be worked around to a small degree by impedance matching the card using the pot but only with a timing curcuit that has halfway decent.

so atmel says glitch on low clock, but if the delays inherent in the timing curcuit are too severe then the low clock may be as much as a half atmel cycle out of phase with the card clock actual. This would have a fundamental effect on glitchtype effectiveness. especially i reckon on types 6 to 10.

.1 to .6volt drops across the vcc supplies of one or more of the three main clocking components ic's 1,2 and 3 would provide some relative adjustability again somewhat limited of course.

also bare in mind that nexus and afaik t911 are configured such that the card vcc is fed via the lm358 op amp which in turn is fed by the 5v regulator. This is generally different to clasical glitcher design in that the generally accepted method would be to feed the op amp with the unregulated supply, this can avoid the scenario where rsts are seen as a result of power drain across the curcuit instead of actually glitching activity as it is often neccessary to run a card on the threshold of its ability to function in order to render it more susceptable to glitching.

regards tbc

Last edited:
TBC although i managed to comprehend half of what you are saying (the rest went right over my head) the voltage and the RST return what you see on the screen have no relevance to glitching the card ? is that what you are saying? i am trying to learn and understand the way these cards work , but alas , information is few and far between.... i am welcome to any advice and knowledge ... i have learnt so much from DW and do try to give it back as much as i'm cappable of.....

Just got my ubomb todat from Jabbs (Penga mod already done) Flashed it with 11x..replaced win.ini...ran script getting time out errors all the time...using dip switch 2 on and red button pressed down....no joy whatsoever....any ideas please...tried 9V & 12V

BTW..Trying to open revision BOD

joe

Last edited:
yes everything flashed ok....got the philips semi conductor 74HCT04N onboard...do you think I should replace this...is there any onther mod I should do to the Ubomb...Its got 5 wires, Cut Tracks and a 2K2 Resistor..

Joe!

what is the pot mod?? Any Links or Diagrams?

Joe!

Last edited:
Back