A780

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

A mate of mine sent for one of these. As he is working away, he asked me to go down his house and set it up etc. So i connects it all up, do the channel scan etc, the FTA's are all fine, but none of the encrypted channels descramble. It's hooked up to the router and everything is connected correctly. I assumed it was just plug and play etc or is there something else that needs doing, like a software update, and if so, how would i go about it? :)

Thanks,

Dar

These boxes come with a fta image.

If you go into settings look for an online update option.

If it's not there then you will have the stock image installed and box will need flashed.

Or if it's not a new box, firmware might need updated or box set up for your location.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

I'm assuming that it's got the necessary image on it? The menu's etc look the same as another box i've seen in the past. The channels all come up in the list like scy sports 1-4 etc but don't descramble. (would you get the premium channels in the list if it was the wrong image?)
I noticed some software update option, but according to the quick glance i had at the manual, you needed to use a PC (didn't notice any online options) I will pop down later and have another play around.

all the images look exactly the same on this box.

you need to go into installation menu (code 0000) and see if online software option is available.

there is also an option which gives you info about the image on the box. cant remember exactly whats it called now, but its obvious when you see it.

if the online update option is avalible you want to try it.

this makes the box connect to the KV server, its usefull for checking your internet connection is working or not.. :)

best thing to check is menu-----system info-??? and what date,you have a coaxial cable cable connected and you removed the sticker over rear lan port and connected lan cable to router,power off box and router for 30 secs then on to connect to internet.
if as said previous no s/w there your box is fta and needs flashing by firmware pc with serial port and null modem cable.

I went down today to have a play around, but in the meantime, someone had taken it to sort it. When i got there it just needed connecting up and SS1 came on straight away. I checked through the menus and where as before the S/W update needed you to direct it to a file, this time it must have done an online check as it said it is already updated. So I'm assuming the person they gave it too had re-flashed it with the appropriate software.

Cheers for the replies :)

happy days working again : multi :

Has anyone got a link to the latest A780 firmware? Having major problems. :)

Cheers

Dar

heres one mate

Attachments

• Kryptview_A780_26052013.rar
    444.2 KB · Views: 6
is it problems clearing subbed channels @dar1437 ? Mine don't clear nothing most of the time lol I must be connected to the worst server they have

Last edited by a moderator:
is it problems clearing subbed channels @dar1437 ? Mine don't clear nothing most of the time lol I must be connected to the worst server they have

No sorry :) i can't get it to tune in any channels whatsoever. lol think the box may be screwed. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You got correct provider/net id
Just a thought.

Hia mate, it's weird all round. I lent the box to my mates sister as she'd moved into a house with cable feed only. Now this was fine for a few weeks, then all of a sudden, no channels.
I thought it would be something simple but no. lol I took it home to rule out the signal and tried a software update first (but it just hung on searching for update) tried a factory reset, went into installation, selected ntl, it scanned and found the Swansea id, then the scan seemed to go very quickly and a few unusual letters/numbers were appearing in the left pane.
No FTV or anything? Just reflashed the image, this time when i tried software update, it seemed to go through the motions, searching/ need to reboot box/searching, then hangs on requesting update. Tried going through the installation again but no channels?? :)

Back