A spot of bother

moogles

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble with my 500c, just flashed it with the DW 1.6 image did a scan but can only view the free channels, what else must I do, just need pointing in the right direction, can anyone help please?

you need to flash with dw 2.1 and ftp the rom fix found on the big maq tool bar.

Tried to flash DW 2.1 with Flashwizard pro utsays file is to big. Downloaded DW 2.1 from the stickies, is that right?

Have tried to telnet but when I type telnet:// ip address of dreambox, I get an error message saying application not found, any advice would be most welcome..

Have tried to telnet but when I type telnet:// ip address of dreambox, I get an error message saying application not found, any advice would be most welcome..

it's just telnet followed by the ip address of your dreambox , no :// is needed and you shoud be doing this from a command prompt start -> run -> cmd and not an internet explorer window

Cheers

If you prefer friendly GUI rather than using ftp, use Dreambox Control Centre rather than Falshwizard Pro. Flashwizard pro cant handle certain file sizes for some reason hence the error.

it's just telnet followed by the ip address of your dreambox , no :// is needed and you shoud be doing this from a command prompt start -> run -> cmd and not an internet explorer window

Cheers

Doh!! I was typing the command in the run window, thanks for the advice...

If you are using vista you will need to turn on telnet 1st

Start
Control Panel
programs and features

then left hand side at bottom of list
Turn Windows Features On or Off

search down list and make sure you have Telnet turned on

then it should work ok

out with the null modem cable and dreamup that will fix it.

It's part of the initiation for DM owners first time around you always end up having to use dreamup and a null modem :Smileysex

Frenchman

A big thank you for all your help, all sorted now, until next time :Laugh:

If you prefer friendly GUI rather than using ftp, use Dreambox Control Centre rather than Falshwizard Pro. Flashwizard pro cant handle certain file sizes for some reason hence the error.

do you know if their are any guides to using it?

Thanks

Back