A noob's trying to program a funcard

mafiasilk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've been on this forum for about a month I think, and have read loads!
I have managed to get all the files I need to re-program this funcard.

My checklist.

- IRD key - Check
- Box Key - Check
- A funcard - Check
- A funcard programmer (purchased USB Infinty/Phoenix - does Tit cards) - Check
- funcard programmer (came with programmer - clones cards fine! - so all working) - Check
- Current 0,1 and Hash Keys - Check

- Latest Fun hex generator - Cannot find one

I think the only thing i need is the hex generator.
I'm trying to get ready for the key change when it happens.
I want to be in a postion to get a blank card and write to it, and make it work.
My success so far has not been good, i think im missing the downloadable flash.hex file? Im probably wrong.
Im in an NTL area. I dont think it was ex c/w but not sure. Area is Leeds. Yorkshire.

Can anybody shed some light on where to go from here?

Hiya,

Leeds is N*L ex C*W area.

You can get your flash file from the cable downloads section. Use either RsTGen or X2Gen to generate your hexes.

If using RsT, you download the Internal EEprom hex file and get your programmer to generate the flash hex.

If using X2, you download the Flash hex and get your programmer to generate the Internal EEprom hex file.

There is a tutorial available (How to read and write your Funcard ) in the cable downloads section detailing on how to use either of the mentioned utilities.

You guys have made my day!
I was using NTL as my region, as u say it doesn't work, needed to be ex c/w.

I have managed to take a blank funcard, and write to it using the files I generated and it works! MISSION 1 ACCOMPLISHED - NOW TO LEVEL 2.....

Thanks for all your input guys....couldn't have dont it without ya.

now's your chance to try level 2.leeds has gone down but i'm told pudsey is still up and running. good luck.

Back