A function of this forum I really miss

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can see how many replies there has been to each thread but we used to be able to see who had replied and how many times they replied. This was a useful function as we could click on a particular member and see a list of their posts in that thread. It could save loads of time backtracking when the thread is a long one.
Is it possible to reintroduce it??

I miss digital technology type chat threads 👍
Agreed. Was a totally different experience back in the day. I've looked back at some of my old threads where I was helping someone and reading them now they make almost no sense to me. Of course some may say they made no sense back then either. 😂

There was so much to learn and it was a totally hands on experience. I've hung on to most of my gear incase VM decide to revert to Nagra 1 :rolleyes:

Agreed. Was a totally different experience back in the day. I've looked back at some of my old threads where I was helping someone and reading them now they make almost no sense to me. Of course some may say they made no sense back then either. 😂

There was so much to learn and it was a totally hands on experience. I've hung on to most of my gear incase VM decide to revert to Nagra 1 :rolleyes:
Bit like a a male version of mumsnet these days.

Look at this for a latest search on a technology based site

DW.jpg

We probably need to diversify and bleed in new blood that wants to talk new tech.
Unfortunately, we are all old and moan(y), lol. Well, I am!

Satellite and virgin, whilst still active and used, it's not like we reinvent the wheel here.
Thousands of posts answer many tech questions already, so you probably don't need to join and start a new post.
And @Ferret is right. IPTV has wiped out the thought-provoking ideas we all used to be into.

Your better off starting topics about cool new stuff like:

Smart Homes
Smart Lighting
IFTTT
Integration
Chat GPT
AI
Crypto
Anything new and exciting.

Also, forums are not Google, YouTube, etc.
If you want to find out anything, those are your go-to's. Understanding your place and your lane is the best way to make progress.

Mick

I missed the bullsh*t so I brought it back in abundance

Back