A few basic questions

Tangfolio

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, Just got a Vu Duo2 and getting severe brain-fade from setting it up.
I put a VIX image on from info on here, tried BH but it was constantly crashing, and still trying to find my way around it.
I suppose this is very basic stuff but I have been unable to find any answers to the following.

I have noticed on some of the setup menus that there is an 'info' symbol but can't find a button on the remote to view the info

Is there any quick way of moving up and down in the EPG.

Is there any way to sort the EPG, it's a mess at the moment, would have thought it might sort alphabetically like the channel list.

How do I put channels onto a favorites list.

I tried the autoboquetmaker but can't find what it is supposed to have produced.

Any help would be very welcome, or can anyone point me towards something like an advanced manual.

Hi, Just got a Vu Duo2 and getting severe brain-fade from setting it up.
I put a VIX image on from info on here, tried BH but it was constantly crashing, and still trying to find my way around it.
I suppose this is very basic stuff but I have been unable to find any answers to the following.

I have noticed on some of the setup menus that there is an 'info' symbol but can't find a button on the remote to view the info

Is there any quick way of moving up and down in the EPG.

Is there any way to sort the EPG, it's a mess at the moment, would have thought it might sort alphabetically like the channel list.

How do I put channels onto a favorites list.

I tried the autoboquetmaker but can't find what it is supposed to have produced.

Any help would be very welcome, or can anyone point me towards something like an advanced manual.

Hi,The only way to navigate EPG is up and down thats it.when in epg you can use channel up and down to move from day to day but forwar and back is done with the left and right by the hour or how you have set it in your epg settings.
you can create your own channel lists by using dreamboxedit and downloading rats bouquts and edit then into the order you want.
I would suggest if you want to make your own lists easier but time consuming then open your channel list/bouquet and press menu on remote..then select "enable move mode" and press ok.
Now select a channel press ok and move it up or down in the list to the spot you want and press OK again and keep doing this until you have the channels in the order you want...doing this will also show your channel order/ line up in the epg..

You can also navigate with number buttons when in graphical EPG. The help file is quite detailed for that bit. Worth viewing it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I had tried the 'help' button when there was an icon showing for it in the menus but hadn't thought to try it on a normal screen.
Been reading up on CrossEPG and ABM etc., haven't tried getting to grips with dreamboxedit yet.

Thanks for the suggestions, I had tried the 'help' button when there was an icon showing for it in the menus but hadn't thought to try it on a normal screen.
Been reading up on CrossEPG and ABM etc., haven't tried getting to grips with dreamboxedit yet.

It all takes time to learn mate and we were all in your shoes once.most important thing is remember no matter what you do you can not do any real harm..if it all goes wrong you reflash image and start again.
Just keep experimenting with settings ect that way you pick things up.

Different images have different shortcuts so its near impossible to advise how to to navigate through menus etc.

I would also forget about dreambox edit for now until you get used to enigma2 and use either rats bouquets or autobouquets maker.

Back