a couple of questions regarding VM cable

manutd4life

DW Regular
Reaction score
first one......... can i use sky cable(got gold sheathing rather than stranded) to extend my VM to another room?

second one....... i have a 3 way splitter downstairs, im thinking about putting anothe 3 way splitter in and maybe a two way splitter too. will this reallly make the viewing crap and internet shite? im doing this as i want internet downstairs and upstairs which i have already done, vm which is already down stairs, but i want to add vm in the kitchen and the 2 bedrooms, maybe put it in the 3rd bedroom too.

thanks

You can use any cable you want but make sure it's decent quality or you'll be asking for trouble.

Every time the signal hits another splitter the signal will be considerably reduced, so I reckon you'll need to have a wee amplifier inline somewhere on your chain.

ok cheers mate, will it be ok to put to connectors on the cable where it enters my house so i can have the amp where i want it so all my appliances come of this rather than have the amp under my window? if you no what i mean. or will "the cable guy" run it to where i want the amp?

can i also run a freeview box through vm?

u should b able to put the amp anywere i think

as for the freeview box i dont think that will be possible as u need a aeriel on the roof to pick up the transmissions

you can put a normal freeview box on the vm cable mate no probs but you dont get the sky channels AFAIK ( it was ages ago when i tried it)

the sky stuff should be ok, not sure if it will carry the internet signal tho?

when i used the B&Q stuff it carried all the channels apart from BBC1 and BBC2 also never carried the internet signal?

could you post up results mate? like tel us if the sky cable does as good a job as the vm stuff?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

cheers dave

@gav, ill let you all no but it wont b for some time yet mate.

where can i get VM cable from just incase? just for the internet incase the sky cable doesnt carry it.

as per my other post about loft boxes & amplifiers. you cant use a normal amplifier this knocks out the analogue signal and can cause modems not to lock on and interactive to fail on digi boxes.
if your just running a couple of boxes and a modem your signal levels should be fine.
if not call ****** out and they can increase your signal in the green boxes
you also cannot run freeview on the ****** media cable.

as per my other post about loft boxes & amplifiers. you cant use a normal amplifier this knocks out the analogue signal and can cause modems not to lock on and interactive to fail on digi boxes.
if your just running a couple of boxes and a modem your signal levels should be fine.
if not call ****** out and they can increase your signal in the green boxes
you also cannot run freeview on the ****** media cable.

in the block of council flats up the road from me, my ex-neighbor rents one

VM cable is the only form of tv in the building

I put a durbrand asda freeview box onto the cable that was in the house and it worked perfect

i then tried a starview box on it and that worked perfect the way it should

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back